ghosts

ghosts

A Story by Ma'at

“can you please let me disappear for a little while?
                        I’m tired, so very tired….
I’m always talking to ghosts…
People who are definitely there, but don’t answer…and only make themselves known when they want to….”
“I’m always getting angry, and saying things that I shouldn’t….
And it’s taking a toll on what little freedom I have…”
“the cage is getting too small for the lion, and he’s clawing harder and harder, expecting to hurt others but now he’s bleeding….”
“these ghosts are leaving, moving on to a better place than the one they have here…”
“the heartbroken boy is talking to the sad girl…but she’s pushing him away, her tear-soaked hands hitting his shirt and there are black marks on his skin from her mascara, and if you look closely, you can see white scars on his thin, pale wrist….his face is contorted with pain and his blue eyes are welling up with cold tears…now there is blood dripping to the floor….”
“the lone wolf is leaving his pack…no one trusts him. He’s tried to help in every possible way and prove his worth…but no other wolf accepts. They pitied him. He never knew what the plans were for the pack, leaving him vulnerable…but they never had told him. But yet they expected him to know what to do, which was usually little, and got angry when he failed them…he has given up now. He’s running far from the camp, to the cliff. He’s done. He’s hunted. No one ever knew his name, knew his past, his story. Now they want his help. They are looking for him, but he is not there. He is the only one who knew of the trouble within. He’s gone. He cannot help you now….”
“the ghosts have left me, I guess this home they once called their own wasn’t really their home…they’ve opened a door though…the demons have come in.”
“So, can I please disappear? There’s not much else I can do. I’m done here. I’ve tried this mission of yours, but I guess I’m just not strong enough…or good enough for you.”
“I’ve already disappeared.”

© 2015 Ma'at


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This has some deep emotion and feelings woven through out. Nicely written.

Posted 8 Years Ago


a disturbing tale ... (is this confessional?) ... it is chilling for me as the morning news of a very angry and disturbed gunman walked in to a small town news station he was fired from ..and shot a very young reporter and her camera man ... he posted his own video of the shooting and sent a 23 page manifesto to the station ... a rant of anger ... so tragic .. i wonder if he sought help as your antagonist has done ..only to be denied it in too many ways ...
i guess we all have need to disappear periodically ...just to get our heads straight .. blessing of peace and joy to you Ma'at!
E.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

274 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 22, 2015
Last Updated on August 22, 2015

Author

Ma'at
Ma'at

CT



About
Hello i'm Daniela, a teenager who lives in the northeastern USA my profile pic is not me, its Matty Healy writing and music are a huge part of my life i like to write poems, stories, and books t.. more..

Writing
somewhere else somewhere else

A Story by Ma'at


disappear disappear

A Poem by Ma'at