Lost

Lost

A Story by rhEA
"

A girl meeting a boy but couldn't realize his value.

"

Lost

 

“I’ll return after a decade” are the words you said before you left this country. You gave me a piece of paper with some of your details for our communication. I have no idea of what I will be losing that day.

Schools do have a lot of bully and most people don’t want to experience it in their high school years. This year will be my second year in high school and I hope that I won’t experience the same kind of bullying I had last year. First class is about computers, oh I hate this but good thing the teacher is the same cool guy as last year. Recitation, I hate this also but this is part of their so called learning process. I have to but I don’t want to and I’m not even confident with my assignment. And I have been a laughing stock before when I don’t know how to use that application during our practical exam. I’ll just observe and let them have it their way.

“Hey, you know the symbol that the teacher is currently drawing on the board right now so why not answer?” I was in shock and just look at him then at the board and to him again. “How did you know that I know the answer?” He shake his head and said “Because I can clearly see it in your notebook so just answer, go answer now!” I can feel my arms trembling as I raise my hand and answered to the teacher’s question. “Way to go, you should just answer when you know it” he said with a smile. “Thank you”, I can feel my cheeks getting a little hot. That’s a first for me, someone to encourage me when I don’t feel like going. Class finishes with a reminder for the exams next week.

In the afternoon, our last teacher for the day is absent so it’s free time. Actually it should be allotted to self-study but no teacher supervises us so we call it free time. Bullies started to roam around the room looking for their victims. When someone tried to pull my hair I was about to shout but he grabbed the bully’s arms and threaten him to let my hair go. I didn't know that he was also bullied last year until the bully was laughing and saying “How could you protect some else when you couldn't protect yourself”. “At least I know that I could stand for someone else.” I was amazed by his words and the bully let go of my hair but drag him in the corner of the room. They exchange punches and harsh words that the attention of the whole class was into them. Good thing someone called the teacher so that the fight could be stopped.

Our lecture is almost finished and when I’m about to save my practical exercises the computer crashed wiping all of its contents. I immediately look for other computers in the lab so that I could see if it was saved in my account or if I have to stay after classes to repeat it all. I approached one classmate to another asking assistance but I didn't receive any help. When I have gathered all the courage I got to talk to the teacher about it he pulled my arm and asked me to sit beside him. “You got a problem?” how could he know? “Well, my computer crashed and I’m not sure if the exercises are still in my account.” He log-off his account and said “Try it here”. I was hesitant at first but “Thanks, I hope I don’t bother you much.” I looked at my documents but it was empty then I heard a soft laugh “You won’t be able to see it there.” In confusion I just looked at him “Our accounts are managed by a certain system and you should open this specified account number of yours to see the saved items.” I said “Thanks” as I open my items and it’s a good thing that everything is in place. “You’re my savior I could log-off my account now so you could use the computer, thanks again” I happily smiled at him. “When you feel troubled, you could count on me.”

We run inside the room as we saw our adviser coming. “Class, I have to make this very important announcement. One of your classmates is leaving for good, what I mean is his family will be moving to another country.” The class kept silent. “There’s no exact date yet but it is planned next month so create good memories with him.” Still, no one is talking. “The one leaving is Karl.” Really, seriously how could he be? We’re just acquaintances, classmates but I am starting to enjoy school because of him and then he’s leaving. “Don’t worry I’ll be back after a couple of years.” I’m just looking at him and I can’t absorb anything that he said after that.

Days easily passed and the date of his departure still is not revealed. I was with a friend roaming around the school building when we saw him standing in the lobby looking sadly to the building. “Hey what are you doing there?” said my friend. “Just looking around” he really look sad. “When will be your last day here?” He look straight in my eyes and said “Today is my last day seeing this place as it is.” I almost froze in shock then my friend just placed her arm around his shoulder and said “You will be missed and I’m sure you’re going to miss this place so have a good look around.” I stand in front of him but I don’t know what to do or say. My friend asked us to have a farewell hug since we won’t be sure to meet again in the future. Well, knowing that and him as a person I think I could freely give my first ever hug to him. As we hug my friend pushed our bodies together so as we stand apart I could see his ears and face blushing. I believe I had the same expression as him. We’re about to leave when he grabbed my hand and hands out a piece of paper. “This are my contact details, I hope we could communicate through e-mail even though we are miles apart.” I get the paper from his hand and smiled at him. As my friend dragged me out of his sight he said “I’ll return after a decade…” I didn't hear the rest of what he is saying.

Weeks after he left I had a conversation with his seatmate I told her about the paper with his details that I even showed to her then I found out that she likes him. Wondering how he was I decided to send an e-mail and as I was about to send it to him I couldn't find the paper. I don’t know where I lost it so I guess I’ll see him after a decade when I see him.

 

 

© 2015 rhEA


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on July 1, 2015
Last Updated on July 1, 2015

Author

rhEA
rhEA

Tanauan, Batangas, Philippines



About
I seek rice and was shown a dry rice field. It flourished and was offered to me but I declined. The rice is now in front of me but I still chose to leave. Their offer was more than I seek yet I was.. more..

Writing
Efil Efil

A Story by rhEA


Mask Mask

A Poem by rhEA