All i needed.

All i needed.

A Story by Farhan Shaikh

All I needed was your attention, to hold your hand and walk through the college door.
I wanted your love but you gave it to a man luckier than I.


All I wanted was to look in your eyes and move closer to you, like you did yesterday with him. But all I got was your smile. I needed you to come towards me.
Did you ever hear my heartbeat ? It always races when I see you.

It was lovely to hear your voice, but terribly hard when you spoke to him. You didn't even wish me a goodbye.
All I needed were your words. I wanted your voice all to myself. He may never love you the way I do.
When I passed through by your window yesterday, all I wanted was for you to look out and wave at me.
All I needed was to be with you and make you my wife. I wanted to keep you in my arms until the end of time.

I wanted you to stay away from him. I tried to attract you towards me, but I was acting like someone I'm not. Every night killed me. I could not wait until morning to see you again in the hope that someday your footsteps would lead you to me rather than to him.
All I needed is that look of yours. That smile could've made my day.
You gave these to him. Maybe he loved you, but no one could love you as much as I did.
My friends told me to forget you, but moving on would be an insult to our love.

I wanted you and I to become us, but you never gave the chance.
All I needed was for you to be with me, and the day I heard you fighting with him, my jealousy turned to happiness.
The other day, I smiled at you and you smiled back. All I need is you to come to me. I saw your feet taking you towards me, and since then I haven't let you go.

© 2017 Farhan Shaikh


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Dayyuummm. The girl you wrote this for is very lucky to have a guy who loves her so much. I hope she reads this!

Posted 6 Years Ago


pure emotion and just beautifully written,

im wowed.

I'm new on here, so it would be an honour if you could review some of my poems!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Well sure... thanks
Truly human and beautiful. All we want is to be acknowledged and loved. Sometimes that smile never gets returned, but when it does our souls soar. Thanks for the great story.

Posted 6 Years Ago


All I wanted to say is that you did it again out of love. Truly a man who could write stuff that are too cheesy never seems to be odd. Lol Keep writing these kinds of stories. Readers will be wanting it out from you surely.

Sincerely,
CAPOLAVORO

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

It means a lot... thankyou 😄
This is a precious writing in so many wats, Farhan!😊 To love someone, and watch someone love someone happy with someone else, kills! But to keep living that same unconditionally, with the deep faith ...Makes them come back to one that actually loved. That's the sweetest and most celebratable kind of victory I feel!😊

Thankyou for sharing this piece.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thanks so much Saumya..😊
Saumya

6 Years Ago

You're welcome 😊
All I needed were your words. I wanted your voice all to myself. He may never love you the way I do.
I tried to attract you towards me, but I was acting like someone I'm not. Every night killed me. I could not wait until morning to see you again in the hope that someday your footsteps would lead you to me rather than to him.

another master piece.
I felt like I was you, this other guy who hopped she/he wouldn't choose him/her.


Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Yeah😃.. thanks so much again
First of all thanks a lot for sharing because it reminds me of a year ago when something like this happened with me too.. You penned down the feelings very beautifully

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thank-you so much for your kind words
Farhan,
Your words captured the strength of a heart sick young man in love. Good writing such as this brings back memories for so many of us when we have been in this position.
Your writing showed how our minds are captivated 24/7 with our desire for another person.
I enjoyed your story.
Peace,
Richie b.


Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thank-you richieb
So much emotion.... it reminds us all of a time when we felt so much in love with someone who didn't even know we existed... great write!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thanks so much hebe
An emotional ride for me...

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

☺ thanx for the time..

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

674 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 18, 2017
Last Updated on July 20, 2017

Author

Farhan Shaikh
Farhan Shaikh

Mumbai, India



About
20..College student.. Earthling. Follow me on Instagram @farhanshyk02 more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Lying Is A Sin Lying Is A Sin

A Poem by Zoya


Broke up Broke up

A Poem by Jes' Pi