My childhood Days

My childhood Days

A Poem by Destiny Dreamer
"

"Missing Childhood Days"

"
My Childhood Days

I want my childhood days,
wonder how they are lost in the haze
Where I used to cry for my broken doll,
instead of crying for my broken soul
Where I'd think of flying high,
never afraid of the broad sky
Where I had friend too many, though
I didn't know the meaning of foe
Where everyone would listen to me,
I could be whoever I wanted to be
Where my Parents would know I cry
Now alone in my own chamber I die
Where with friends I'd play many games
They don't even know me now, nothing remains the same
Where for the broken toys I'd cry,
Now with broken heart I pretend to be shy
Where I was free like a flying bird,
no worries and heartaches of this world
Oh I want my childhood days,
wonder much how they're lost in the haze

© 2015 Destiny Dreamer


Author's Note

Destiny Dreamer
Hope U'll like it ... THANK YOU for stopping by! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Aww this is truly a heart tug poem. I find myself looking back to my childhood a lot lately too as I try to figure out all this adult stuff we have to learn. It was so much easier back then and it seemed like everyone cared about your problems. But now, we're on our own, and now we realize, too late, what our parents meant every time they told us to enjoy being young while we had the time. However, I'd never want to go back. Being an adult is a lot harder, but I enjoy being free and choice my own road in life. A very reflective poem you have here :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

What made this even more sad for me is that I can barely remember my childhood. But I guess that's how it use to be like. I hate growing up. Not for the responsibilities, but for the way adults think you don't need to be taken care of anymore.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I do understand this poem.
"Where everyone would listen to me,
I could be whoever I wanted to be"
Best days were when we were fearless and the world was to be owned. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Aww this is truly a heart tug poem. I find myself looking back to my childhood a lot lately too as I try to figure out all this adult stuff we have to learn. It was so much easier back then and it seemed like everyone cared about your problems. But now, we're on our own, and now we realize, too late, what our parents meant every time they told us to enjoy being young while we had the time. However, I'd never want to go back. Being an adult is a lot harder, but I enjoy being free and choice my own road in life. A very reflective poem you have here :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I agree with you that childhood days are unforgettable, they left their shadow in our brain. But the way you have written that how was the childhood so beautiful and how is today is amazing and quite appreciative one.

thank you for sharing such a wonderful piece with all of us.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Your words are so sad.. and finely put before people, many of whom feel the same or similar. You have a poet's sensitivity, truly do.

But you know something... nobody should ever, ever completely grow up. Growing up deletes the joy of seeing little things: wee adventures by creepies wandering through grass - fledgelings ruffling and fluffling their downy feathers, etc. Adults have too much going on in their lives to stop and stare. Don't let it happen to you. Please, please try to drag yourself out of that 'haze', love.

This is a wonderfully written post, such a feeling of self and emotions, maybe hidden fears and feelings expressed but perhaps eased. Hope so.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Feeling nostalgic.This is really a very fine piece of poetry.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sometimes we can become lost in the past, especially if there were fond memories there

good thing we can write about it and preserve it forever

-Dream

Posted 8 Years Ago


what's great about my childhood is that i was able to do anything, and now when ever i try doing something i have to hear that i'm too old for this and that and i should be careful and stop acting that way, and everything i do started to seam wrong and embarrassing, if this is growing up, i wish i could stay a child, a great poem thank you for sharing

Posted 8 Years Ago


I really enjoyed it dreamer :) Our childhood days are some of the best days in life... so much fun and joy :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Nice poem that remains me of my childhood days.. And ya really, childhood days are something different...
Good job dear..

Posted 8 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1527 Views
28 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 8, 2015
Last Updated on July 8, 2015

Author

Destiny Dreamer
Destiny Dreamer

Pakistan



About
Hi! I love Poetry. I am writing since I was 13 and Words can't explain my Passion. I am very very Passionate writer and Poet. I love Poems. I want to be a Successful writer and Poet. I fell in LOVE wi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


You Knew You Knew

A Poem by wordman