Cult of the Black Forsaken

Cult of the Black Forsaken

A Story by Wayward Soul

(The following writing format is inspired by M.R Steiner's Totenstine, for those who haven't read it, go check that out.)

The following are exerts from the journal of Dr. Jackson Helvint

June 10th 1927:
When I received the mail today I noticed an expensive-looking ornate black envelope, upon it was a wax crest I can't say I had ever seen before, it was comprised of two scythes placed on top of each other, with a hooded skull above them, It was a chilling sight for sure, and as of current I haven't a clue what's inside, I still have yet to open the letter, something inside of me is telling me that once i break that eerie seal, there's no going back. I Don't know, I suppose I'll have to sleep on it, but honestly what's the worst that could happen?

June 11th 1927:
Today I opened the letter, enclosed was an invitation to something called the cult of the black forsaken, something about summoning something named Grimlock in an effort to bargain with him for eternal life. Honestly it just sounds like a bunch a superstitious nonsense to me, but I have heard tails of immortal beings with unimaginable power, I don't know, much more thought is needed on the matter. The letter gave me the dates and location of the meetings, so if I ever feel the urge to investigate I suppose I can.

July 1st 1927:
I finally decided to visit the cult today, and nothing could have prepared me for what I saw. There was a late ring of black-robed cultists bowing and praying before a large tower of what appeared to be made of bones, with various satanic symbols carved into them, it was a chilling sight indeed. The cult leader welcomed me with open arms, explaining that they were chanting a mantra witch when combined with the "Bone amplifier" was supposed to summon the "Black Forsaken", whoever that is. To be honest I was to scared to ask what the suspicious small bones were from, better to leave the matter untouched I suppose, but i don't think I'll be going back to that god-forsaken place soon.

January 5th 1928:
I received another letter from that bloody cult, but when I opened it there were just four large bone-chilling words scrawled, in what appeared to be dried blood, across the parchment, "The Black Forsaken Wakes",
I think I might visit the location soon to see what the bloody hell is going on there exactly, but to be honest, do I truly want to know?

January 6th 1928:
Oh God! What have I gotten myself into? I went to investigate the cult, but when I go there they... they were all dead! All of them! Against my better judgement I went into the run-down building they had fashioned into a base, and that's where I saw him. Grey skin, black hair, red eyes, and a black trench coat that was stained with blood, but the most fear sparking part of the ethereal figure was the scythe he held, and it was still dripping with blood! He turned when I entered and addressed me causally as if he were talking to an old friend "well" he said, "you must be Dr. Helvint, its a pleasure to meet you, my name is Grim, I apologize for the... mess." "What are you?" I was shaking, this figure that stood before me was most definitely not human. "Well" The figure gave a brief smile "Im the black forsaken, but more to the point, I could use a man of your intel-" I ran before he could finish the sentence, I had seen enough.


August 6th 1959:
Its been a while since I've written anything in here, its been thirty one years since the incident, Im fifty one now, and I still look as if I'm twenty eight, what's happened to me?, I've no clue. I've
Devoted the past thirty one years to research on the forsaken, and Ive put everything I know I a book, I call it the Forsaken Manuel.


April 7th 1975:
I'm not sure how long my sanity will hold up, He speaks to me in my dreams, he is eating away at my sanity, Oh god, I can hear him coming, OH GOD! HE'S CALLING MY NAME!

June 10th 2000:
The end approaches,
My sanity is hanging by a thread now, and his scythe is hacking at it, I can't hold on much longer....


Patient Report
Date: 2016
Name: Jackson Helvint
Age: 115 (according to birth certificate, looks as if 28)
Notes:
Screams constantly about a second shadow war, and about the black forsaken and his lover. Even top psychologists are unable to decipher his mad ravings, more tests are required.









© 2016 Wayward Soul


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

props for inspiring you man, but the real props must go to Mary Shelley :) just so you know it's Totenstein :) Tolkien is a different kettle of fish :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Wayward Soul

7 Years Ago

There, i fixed it
M.R Steiner

7 Years Ago

nice one :) I'm flattered it inspired you though, and holy crap Grimlock, loving the extended univer.. read more
Wayward Soul

7 Years Ago

Yep, i like to keep everything within the same universe
Wow, happy you asked me to read. This story is mixed with a lot lot of emotions, and flows so nice. I really can't wait for you to write more of this. Very entertaining. Eva

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wayward Soul

7 Years Ago

I intend to write alot more of thes first person stories, i hope everyone enjoys
EvaThornburn

7 Years Ago

I did and I'am sure they will too.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 28, 2016
Last Updated on September 28, 2016

Author

Wayward Soul
Wayward Soul

The land of do-as-you-please



About
Hello weary traveler, welcome to my realm, there will be chills and thrills and things that go bump in the night, there will be tales to amaze and tales to bring fright, i hope you enjoy my tireless p.. more..

Writing