A Father's Advice

A Father's Advice

A Story by Flying Fox
"

In the weirdest way possible

"

“Son, I’ve been thinking long and hard about how I should tell you this. Every man needs to hear it, but some need to hear it differently, and I think this is how I should tell you. Son, love is like… 


it’s like breaking into a marine park you’ve never been to at midnight, and jumping into one of the tanks at random. Maybe you’ll jump in a tank of friendly dolphins, or maybe you’ll jump into a tank of sharks. Of course, some sharks like the whale shark are perfectly harmless, and I saw on Discovery Channel last night that dolphins kill for sport and have sexually assaulted people. What I mean to say is that love is a matter of chance: you have to be willing to take it, a good deal of it is a matter of odds, and it might not always work out. Sometimes you’ll get into something you think looks good, and… you should get out as soon as you can. But if it does work out, you’ll have something you’ll always remember and cherish. 


I know this might not be what you wanted to hear, and it might not be the kind of advice you were expecting, but, well… I’ve been smoking out back. I’ve been smo… and drinking. I’ve been drinking a little bit as well. I’m gonna go to bed now. Love you son; hope this helped you some.”

© 2017 Flying Fox


Author's Note

Flying Fox
Tell me what you think or could be improved

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on October 11, 2017
Last Updated on October 11, 2017
Tags: dolphin, father, advice, shark, aquarium, funny, weird