Fighting My Mind

Fighting My Mind

A Chapter by Forgotten
"

This dream was an odd one, I had frequent versions of this but this was the most memorable to me.

"
BOOM! The thunder echoed above me, flashes of blue illuminated the sky. A storm was above me, the BBC weather had warned me of the storm approaching. The sound stirred me, I awoke in my bed, my head hurt slightly, I remember going to bed after having a headache. I had a lot of them recently. I rubbed my eyes and looked around my room, it light up for a brief second as the lightening flashed. I ran my tongue against the top of my mouth, it was dry. Feeling parched I thought I should get a drink. I touched the light switch in my room, it was a heat activated light so turned on as my warm skin contacted with it. I yawned and stretched before leaving my room. 
It was dark downstairs, it was about 2 in the morning, well so I gathered. I turned the stair light on, yet did not turn on, I had forgot that my dad had not replaced the light bulb yet. It had blown a few days ago. I made my way downstairs cautiously, having a fear of the dark this was some sort of feat for me. As I reached the bottom I turned on the light on quickly, my heart picked up a little but nothing major. I looked into the kitchen and into the utility room, I did this often as a protocol. Something I picked up a few years ago after. The utility had contained the fridge and freezer which was odd, you would have thought that the kitchen would have had it. Just an odd design by my parents I guess.  I looked into the utility room once more, avoiding looking at the back door. The back door at night had a reflective window, stemming back to my fear of mirrors I would avoid looking at it at night. 
I entered the room quickly and opened the fridge, I moved the orange juice aside to reach for the apple juice; a personal favourite of mine. I took a swig from the carton, some of it spilled down me onto the floor.
"Damn" I spoke. After putting the apple juice away I ventured to the kitchen looking for the kitchen towel. The floor beneath me was cold, nothing new however. The granite flooring was always cold to the touch. I entered the utility room again and began to wipe the floor dry. Some had spilled over to the door causing me to to move in front of it. Suddenly a loud crack echoed though the house, I froze in fear, the light bulb in the kitchen had blown. I shook in fear, it was dark now. A flash of lightening lit up the house for a second. I stood slowly looking away from the door. Then suddenly I fell back to the door, something had gripped hold of me and pulled me back. I struggled trying to escape, I went to scream yet something grasped hold of my mouth. Struggling I bang my elbows against the window. The grip grew tighter, the intensity left my arms getting sore, a red mark around my arm showed the proof.
I pulled away suddenly, the grip that held me had dissipated. My breath was  shallow and heavy, holding onto my arms a tear fell from my eye. I shivered in shock and fear. I turned slowly to the door looking into the window, my eyes widened in surprise and fear, my reflection had a mind of its own. It lifted a knife to it's neck and smirked. Suddenly it slashed it across, blood spilled from it's neck and ran down its naked body. It grinned maliciously closed stared directly into me. I was frozen solid, my body paralysed with horror. Finally it lifted its index finger and gestured "Shhhhhh". Suddenly a flash of lightening flashed and the window shattered. A sharp pain began to emanate from my neck. My body shook, pain spark through my body, I looked back through the window that used to be there. I was still there even though the window was not. Yet the figure had no injury, seemly unscathed. He grinned at my, I looked down as blood was running down my body, the figure smirked.
My vision blurred and the figure walked away.   


© 2012 Forgotten


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Whoa... Amazing! What a nightmare! And to think, at the end, the mirror image switched places with you!
100/100

Posted 10 Years Ago


Mhm an odd dream at that, good job re inventing it into words! :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


A very good chapter. I like the set-up of the chapter. I like the walk to the kitchen and the surprising ending. No weakness in the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


A good read. Thanks

Posted 11 Years Ago


intriguing to say the least. nice work

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

269 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 4, 2012
Last Updated on May 4, 2012


Author

Forgotten
Forgotten

Gloucestershire, Stroud, United Kingdom



About
My real name is John-Paul Crawford, I do voluntary work at Stroud FM and hopefully after my training will be allowed my own slot on air. Writing takes up most of my time, I'm always trying to better m.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..