I Watched Her

I Watched Her

A Poem by SweetWriter88

For the last few months, I’ve watched her expression lose a little light each day.
I watched her sigh increasingly more as her boyfriend slowly seemed to leave her.
I watched her struggle with every “I love you” and confiscate her wonder.
And just like that, I watched her soul be torn asunder.


This year I’ve watched her grow beautifully.
I’ve watched as every false smile grew to be true.
I’ve watched her light up every room.


And just as I watched her smile, I watched her stop as truth slowly settled in the room.


The past month she said he was the one.
She swore she’d wait till death.
She said he’d never hurt her, not if he could help himself.
I watched as she replaced her masks as her heart simply broke.
But even through that, she took the words her family said and continued with her hope.


I was there holding her hand as sobs wracked her frame.
Her daughter now distant, I’m not sure if she heard the well-hidden pain.


I watched her talk down about herself as she cursed even her name.
I watched those horrid fake smiles reappear every day.
Every day I see sobs shake her like thunder and lightning shake a sky.
And I watched with a breaking heart as she let go, as she prayed to God.
She said she wasn’t strong enough even though she’s everyone’s strength.
She said she wasn’t worth love, that her misery only caused others pain.


I watched with my soul being torn out as she begged her friends and mother to kill her.
I watch her still beating heart be torn and broken and left unreturned.
I watched her question everything as she tried not to regret.
But good memories are hard to find when the thoughts of death are the only thing circling in your head.


I watched her that day, yesterday, clutching a blade.
Her mother took it and still she begged.
With tears in her eyes, she begged and prayed.
“Kill me. Kill me.”
All because of the pain.
The sad thing is she still waits.
Even though there is a feeling that says he won’t come back after this break.
She wants him happy.
But she has no will without him.


I’m scared, I admit, to see her become that which she has spent her year leaving.
They say misery breeds insanity, that the two go hand in hand.


I don’t want to lose her.
That’s the one thing I can’t stand.
But I’m afraid that there won’t be a third time.
I’m afraid that one day I’ll find her dead, clutching a knife.
"Here lies that girl who gave away too much of her life."

© 2020 SweetWriter88


Author's Note

SweetWriter88
This is an unedited fiction poem. I decided to try writing something out of my usual style and I let my fingers fly. Next thing I know this happened. Please leave me your honest reviews. Thanks for reading!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow! This poem was an emotional ride! It was beautifully written and because of that, I was truly immersed in it. I could really feel the narrators pain and their concern for the girl. The last line of the poem was absolutely chilling and saddening. I do admit that I had wished for a happier ending for the poem, but not everything is a happy ending. Overall, it was a great read and you did an amazing job!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

SweetWriter88

6 Years Ago

Thank you! :)



Reviews

;-; This is so sad and very beautifully worded. It reminds me of myself a little. Ugh i'm crying this was really amazing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

SweetWriter88

6 Years Ago

Oh no, please don't cry!
Desiree O'Neal

6 Years Ago

But it was so sad but I also loved it. This is the best poem I've ever read so far of yours.
Wow! This poem was an emotional ride! It was beautifully written and because of that, I was truly immersed in it. I could really feel the narrators pain and their concern for the girl. The last line of the poem was absolutely chilling and saddening. I do admit that I had wished for a happier ending for the poem, but not everything is a happy ending. Overall, it was a great read and you did an amazing job!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

SweetWriter88

6 Years Ago

Thank you! :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

58 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 22, 2018
Last Updated on April 8, 2020
Tags: Friend, Fiction, Hurt, Love, Tired, Self, Depression, Suicide

Author

SweetWriter88
SweetWriter88

About
Hi there, I'm Jillyane, but my pen name is Julianna Knight. I'm a teen to mature writer and I usually write fantasy and really anything fiction. I joined WritersCafe because I want to branch out an.. more..

Writing