The Silence

The Silence

A Poem by Gabrielle Linch

Silence… an exquisite gift bestowed.

Gathered in a cloistered niche,

As one is in a thoughtful mode.

For each it’s known as rich

With knowledge that fills the troubled mind.

Silence is the greatest noise of the lost and the blind.

© 2015 Gabrielle Linch


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Carefully written poem with word choice that's definitely unique. The tone of this is reminiscent of Simon and Garfunkel's "The Sound of Silence."

Silence is beautiful, and this poem captured that.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Also..I thought about candles a lot after thinking about this one.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I can't help wanting to substitute 'exquisite' for 'inevitable', although that makes me sound like an audacious b*****d and a cheap thief of poetry to suggest it. What I like most is that I can't tell if the voice in this poem on the busiest street in NYC, or, hasn't had a worthwhile date in 18 months. That ambiguity of meaning gives more life and more layers to the interpretive potential.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I loved this right up to the final line as silence is something positive as in meditation etc? But still a well constructed poem!

Posted 8 Years Ago


A wonderful tribute to silence. It is often hard to find and it is easily stolen or broken by "noise bandits".
Well done, dear poet. We are never alone as long as silence is with us.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

264 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 19, 2015
Last Updated on March 19, 2015

Author

Gabrielle Linch
Gabrielle Linch

About
I am an 18 year old whom enjoys the concept, "The pen is mightier than the sword." more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


~Period. ~Period.

A Poem by Frieda P


~~Soulless ~~Soulless

A Poem by Frieda P