Dreams and aspriations

Dreams and aspriations

A Story by Gerva
"

This is something I have been working on for my blog and I want to know if it is any good. Thank you

"

  Dreams:

            I don’t have dreams, at least, not in the way you will think of.  At night when I sleep, I just sleep.  No dreaming involved.  However, during the day, I do dream.  During the day I will let myself daydream about anything and everything.   One thing I do is, I make stories in my head, stories that will last for a long time so I can keep going back to them over, and over, and over.  I…I use daydreaming to get myself away from my own brain when things aren’t going well.  In a sense, I use it like I use books, as a sort of portal to try and get away from whatever is going on around me because no matter how bad it is or how bad it will become, I can always get my head away from it if I try.  I can always find my way out of that, away from it and I am very very grateful to myself for that.

 But I don’t try.   99% of the time when I know I should, I don’t try to get away because I don’t want to.  I don’t try to get away because, in a way, I always hope maybe they will understand that they are wrong.  Maybe, in a way, I hope by showing them, hey, this is who I am and I am proud of it, I am happy with it, that they would stop.  Now I know that that won’t ever happen.  They push me around because they know I will react.  They push me around because they like seeing the pain in my eyes, the…the terrified fear in me that they all see because it is there.  I am terrified to try and get close to people because I know I will just push them away and I…I’m so frightened of that.  Because when I am close to a person it’s because I reached out.  Not because they did.  So when they turn me away, or reject me, or push and shove and are cruel, it hurts so bad.  So I stopped trying because I thought…I guess I thought if I wasn’t close to anyone they couldn’t hurt me.  No, that isn’t the truth. 

That’s what I spent too long telling myself.  The truth is this.  People I am close to get bullied just because they are my friends.  They get picked on to torment me.  And I know that and I know they might not blame me but…I do.  I blame myself for their pain because it is my fault.  So I close myself off.  And I don’t let people in because, if they lost something like I did, if they lost their freedom of being happy, I would suffer.  And I know some wouldn’t care.  I know some people would still want to help me.  But I can’t, and wont, be able to take it because to help me in our little world of school means being bullied and mocked so…so they might want to reach out a hand into this raging sea, but I can’t take it.  If I were to, I would feel their pain and I have enough pain. I’ve…I’ve caused enough pain. And, no matter how hard I try, I can’t open those doors I have sealed on my heart and my soul. Because I know.  I know I don’t truly try because I am not ready to face what I will see.  But I’m also terrified I never will be.  I am terrified I will never be able to let people in to see who I am because I am too scared of hurting them. And maybe…Maybe I don’t want them to see my pain.  Maybe I’m terrified if they saw how badly my soul is broken, they wouldn’t care.   They wouldn’t want me.

 So I close my eyes, put my head in my hands, and I cry.  I cry for what I had and the fact I know I won’t ever get it back.  I know I can’t ever be the little kid playing with their friends, joking, having fun because my soul…my soul has been torn to a thousand pieces.  In the truest sense of the word child, I haven’t been a child for a very long time.   In the truest sense I grew up a long time ago.  In the truest sense I grew up when I had to learn how to take care of myself in school.  I had to learn how to defend myself.  And, slowly, I did.  It almost…became my trade.  And I learned it well.  Too well.  I learned it so well I reacted to everything and I can’t control it.  So now I am unlearning.  No, not that.  I am not unlearning how to defend myself.  I am learning how to hold that, how to use it and still be kind, how to use it and not be standoffish.  And it isn’t easy.  But I know that I have to take small steps, small tiny steps so I can, one day, not have to take steps towards that anymore.  So, one day, I can take steps towards something else, even if I don’t know what that something will be.  So I will hold my head up, and I will wait for the day when my heart and my soul can open, even a little bit, just to let a flicker of light in.  I used to think I needed that light because I had lost my hope.  I was praying that tiny flicker of light in my soul could give me that.  But I’d never lost it.  I never lost my hope even when it became buried and hidden, it was there when I looked for it and I am so, so glad it is.  Because right now I don’t get hope from other people I have to get it from myself.  Right now I am running on my own hope, as weak as it is, because I get it.  I will always hope for better days but right now I can live with these days.  Right now I can hold my head up and LIVE.  And I will.  And maybe, one day soon, I won’t be terrified to have people care.

© 2015 Gerva


Author's Note

Gerva
Just...I don't need to be told how sad it is. I know how sad it is, it is my life. I just...I want to know how it sounds to someone's who's story it isn't.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

315 Views
Added on April 8, 2015
Last Updated on April 8, 2015
Tags: Autism, bullying, hope, fear, pain

Author

Gerva
Gerva

vernon, CT



Writing
To speak... To speak...

A Story by Gerva


Emotions Emotions

A Story by Gerva


I am drained I am drained

A Story by Gerva