the call

the call

A Story by Bexfinch

Anise stuck her   furry ivory  head out of the plastic cat flap into the cold frigid night. " He should have been here by now ,"she groaned  shivering in the bitter air.She looked back into her owners warm house and sighed when she saw her mother and siblings were still snoring in ther plush cat box. She let herself slip out of her house and in haled a lung full of air. Anise knew that this was going to be her and Beowolfs last night. Anise closed her eyes trying to imagine it. She saw Beowolf leading her through a picturesque forest of sage ,sea ,and peacock green  christmas trees. Beowolf was telling her about his pack and stoped occassionally to nuzzle  her neck softly wiith his silky white muzzle. A loud crack made Anise open her eyes to scan the perimiter. A brown and black tabby leeaped onto the wooden oak porch she was sitting on . "Baby"  the cat said dragging his words slowly  and unaturally. "You still thinking about that dog" . Anise flinched. "How do you know about that" she asked  flicking her tail nervously. Oh the cat anwsered . "Word gets around , and I know certain birds he said circling her with an evil gleam in his eyes." You know nothing she said pushing away her fear. "I dont?" the cat said raaising a barely visible eyebrow.  Well he said pausing I know about your late night meetings.Looking at Anise slyly he siad shall I go on . Anise shook her head in disbelief. Angus she cried frustratedly backing away.  Angus shook his head his ears presed against his shaggy head. I even have to tell the council he said laughing. The air bagan to choke Anise as she breathed in weasing. "Why " she   whispered ? Because I love you angus said reaching one of his worn paws. Well I dont love you. Anise said lungeing at Angus. The force blew him to the ground . Struggling to get back on his paws. Angus frowned " Big mistake the councill will be warned and you and your doggy boy friend will be... Angus chuckled and shook his head . You'll see he said slumping over. soon. Anise turned away and began to run across the wet green grass. She knew exactly what Angus meant . They would punish her by taking away her true love.  Her paws kicked up fresh spring dirt sticking to her fur like elmers glue. I knew someone would find out she thought. I have to warn Beowolf. She rane twords an immense pine tree and saw Beowolfs jagged form .The stars seemed to point to the forbidden pair as she came closer.  The smell of pine filled her nostrils. Red cardnels conversed in the tree above ." Beowolf" Anise cried . Beowolf perked up his ears and ran toward her. The grass crunched as he aproached . What happened he asked as he saw Anises dirty tear streaked fur. Anise collapsed into a pile and looked into Beowolfs eyes we  have to get out of here . They know about our love. Beowolf licked some of the dirt off of her dirt caked fur. Its alright he said. No its not  Anise uttered. Beowolf locked his dark brown eyes soothing her Its going to be all right. Anise rose of her feet and leaned against The pine tree for support. Regaining some of her confident composure she began washing herself off. Well I have to tell you somthing somthing Beowulf said fixing his eyes on the stars above. Im leaving tomaorow. Im sopposed to go to the land were its allways cold to start my traning to be the leader aof the sled dogs. Anise stopped grooming herself and gasped . You were planning this all along she growled. Well Beowulf whispered I told you that soonI would havve to leave . But what about the council she thought. You musnt leave me anise pleaded. Her Eyes opened wider than before. Please theyll take me away. Beowul looked into her eyes . Im sorry he said shaking his head.Im so sorry you cant . Anise frowned and turned away. Just promise me she said . That youll come bak one day and you wont have anyone else on you mind . Beowulf mournfully nodded and gave her one lat affectionate touch before dissappearing into the abyss like darkness.He's a strong dog a sweet chirping voice said from above . Anise jumped and looked to see one of the red cardnels llooking at her in admiration . " Are you a spy of angus Anise asked looking around once more. No child said the bird in omplete disgust at the woord Angus that bird torturer. I would never. The Bird climbed to th e edge of the trees darkgreen hed and exposed her blazing red features.Anise sighed an letm herself relax.I heard you and tjhat dog talking it seems that you and him really lov each other . Anise looked away and troyed with a broken pine cone. He doesnt care she said . Hesaid that he's leaving .  Well the cardnel said he had that look in his eyes like he wished you could b e with him . Like he redretted being chosen . Anise looked up with hope . So he still cares for me Anise asked.  Well dear child if my Harold went away for a long time or just went away I would follow him that s what you should do . Anise sighed annd smiled at the cardnel . Thank you she said sniffing the ground to pickup beowulfs sweet scent.

© 2010 Bexfinch


Author's Note

Bexfinch
im not done but pl zcomment

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I disagree with your parents...I think that the idea of a cat and dog in a relationship is a different and a unique idea. I do think that your story needs a lot of clean up though. The typos and spelling errors. You will make this a much stronger piece when you do. I like that you have delivered this story from the cats perspective. The idea of this forbidden love is a great one. Hope you have more chapters in store.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow Ariel this is real nice I cant join your group shw me




Tatyanna

Posted 14 Years Ago


Thank you ! I will edit the grammer mistakes hope fully by friday and since my parents think a dog cat relation ship is sick I will probably have to change it alot .

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like this story very much. I love how you tell it from an animal's perspective and set it in an animal world. My only criticism is the grammar; you're missing question marks and quotes and commas in many places, which makes it hard to read.

Posted 14 Years Ago


that is good so far

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 7, 2009
Last Updated on May 29, 2010

Author

Bexfinch
Bexfinch

Jacksonville, FL



About
I felt a need to clean up my profile after having it for three years Name:A title a person gave to me before I was consciense Age: Old enough to write Occupation: Learning as much as I can as.. more..

Writing