Finders Keepers

Finders Keepers

A Story by Green Regol
"

Memory story prompt

"

"So, Mrs. Smith, is it?" The older man looked doubtfully down his nose, eyes squinted in scrutiny.

"I don't remember, sir," I mumbled, hearing my voice for the first time. Was it honestly so small?

He grunted and paced back to his desk, removing a wee object from one of its drawers and placing it in the palm of my hand. Before I could take in what it was, pictures flashed through my mind.

"Joe, give that back!" I cried, running on shorter legs through the woods.

"Finders keepers!" he called back, laughing.

"Joe," I growled, older now, holding my once-friend at gun-point, "Hands up. You're under arrest -"

More pictures...

"What-what was that?" I stammered, peering down at the stone in my hands. Written in marker across the surface was "Mrs. Smith's life."

"That," said the man, "was your past. I literally gave you your life back."

© 2018 Green Regol


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on March 22, 2018
Last Updated on March 22, 2018

Author

Green Regol
Green Regol

NJ



About
Green Regol, author of “Forgive the Monster,” hails from Pennsylvania and is a recent graduate of the Savannah College of Art and Design, making it out alive with a Bachelors Degree in Dra.. more..

Writing
Wasn't Me Wasn't Me

A Story by Green Regol