I Hate Mornings {Kanda Yu One-shot}

I Hate Mornings {Kanda Yu One-shot}

A Story by The One Who is Green
"

D.Gray-man is one of my favorite Mangas/Animes! I'm using Kanda as the main characters here because he's my favorite character from D.Gray-man! D.Gray-man is a Shonen Manga written by Hoshino Katsura, and is one of Shonen Jump's bestselling series!

"

Kanda Yu hates mornings. In fact, he hates nearly everything other than tempura and soba. He sighed and got out of bed. Tch, another annoying day with his so-called 'nakama'. He grumpily went to brush his teeth and headed outside, to the forest, blindfolded. He unsheathed his Mugen, and took off.

It was peaceful, being alone in a forest, the wind blowing lightly on his face, the rising sun warming him up. The light of the morning reflected on the blade of his Mugen, which rested loyaly hand of its owner. After a few rounds of training, he returned to the Black Church, and got ready for breakfast.

"YU!!" Yelled Lavi, a 'friend' of Kanda's, perhaps. Kanda never liked being called by his first name, so he picked up a bottle of something from Lavi's table and launched it at him. Lavi dodged and it hit Allen Walker, who was sitting infront of Lavi. Nevermind, it wasn't a bad thing that he had missed Lavi and hit that beansprout instead. It might have been better than hitting Lavi, anyways. "Ba-Kanda!!" Allen yelled at Kanda. "What is it, Moyashi?" "The name's Allen! But anyways, why did you pelt a bottle of mustard at me for no apparent reason at ALL??" "Because I felt like it. Now shut up, idiot. I have to go get my soba." "Why you --- !" Before Allen could finish, Lavi piped up: "Wow, blond hair really suits you, Allen." "Shut up!" Kanda ignored them and ordered his soba.

While he was enjoying his delicious soba, a muffled sobbing noise trailed around the place. Why does he have this moment every morning? "He died ... no ... that's my fifth dead friend this week ..." A Finder wailed. Kanda could not stand crying. It was a show of weakness. He "Tch"-ed loudly. "Y-you have a problem, Exorcist?" The Finder turned at Kanda, who set his chopsticks down. Here it was all again, his daily morning argument. He recited his usual complaint: "Why do you have to talk about dead people in the cafeteria? The crying makes my food taste bad." "Somebody's died here and you say your food tastes bad? What kind of person are you? We Finders have always supported you Exorcists?" Kanda sneered at that statement. "Support? You only became Finders because you weren't worthy enough to be chosen by the Innocence. And you call that support? Don't kid with me." The Finder made an angry grab at the lean, blue-black haired figure. He was unsuccessful. Kanda dodged the grab easily, and swiftly, he grabbed the thick neck of the weak-hearted macho Finder. "Yeah right, support. Let's see what you can do about THIS." He tightened his grip around the Finder's neck. The rest of the Finders were about to close around him, and as he was about to draw his Mugen, someone pulled him back by the ponytail ---

"That's not important enough! Yu! Something's happened! Lotsa people are crowded around the Entrance!" Lavi yelled as he dragged Kanda out of the circle of Finders. "My soba ---" he began, but Lavi's words soon shut him up. "I see an AKUMA." Kanda straightened up and pulled out Mugen: "Mugen, battou! Innocence - Activate!" Instantly, the blade shone white at the touch of his fingers. "Ozuchi Kozuchi, enlarge, enlarge ENLARGE!" Lavi commanded as he held his hammer menacingly. Blaring in the speaker was the following news: "Four large, combined AKUMA heading this way! All Exorcists please gather around the Entrance!" Kanda exchanged a glance with the red-haired Lavi beside him, and they understood.

"Extend!" Lavi yelled as he brought Kanda up to the AKUMA. "Mugen - Nigentou!" Kanda commanded, a second Mugen forming instantly in his left hand, a blue, flame-like substance covered the weapons and a cord of the blue substanced linked the twin Mugen together. Kanda leapt, and sliced the AKUMA neatly in half. It moaned pathetically as it fell to the floor, it's fresh blood sprayed across Kanda's cold, uncaring face. Allen was currently dealing with another AKUMA with Lenalee, his Crown Clown's sychro rate over 100%, Lenalee's Dark Boots taking them above the abominable AKUMA. The AKUMA began to move, but Allen grabbed it with his Clown Belt and Cross Grave-ed it. Kanda looked around, finding his own mentor, Froi Tiedoll, taking a AKUMA down with the Maker of Eden. Winters Socalo, another General like his mentor, began butchering the fourth, yelling like a hyena while attacking the towering figure. With all four down, Kanda believed that it was over and that he could go back to his room.

"SON!" his mentor yelled as he was about to leave. "I am NOT your SON, General." "Well, a apprentice and child are about the same thing. Don't you so, Yu-kun?" "I HATE it when you do that." Kanda replied harshly to his mentor's question. The jolly artist did not seem to be affected by Kanda's negative personality. "Do you know where Ma-kun is, Yu-kun?" "No, go find Marie yourself, okay?" "Alright~" his mentor said as he went to look for another of his so-called 'sons'.

Just as he was about to turn the knob of his room, a yell came from below: "YU!!!!"

What is it THIS time?

© 2009 The One Who is Green


Author's Note

The One Who is Green
Are there any things you would like me to translate fully? Do you like this story? What can I do to improve? Are there any problems about this work?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow. This really illistrates Kanda's kind of "eh" nature. nice work.
Just a few suggestions. It is kind of hard to follow the dialouge sometimes. You should make what they say into their paragraph. Such as in the beginning, I think it would be a little easier it make it this way:
"Ba-Kanda!!" Allen yelled at Kanda.
"What is it, Moyashi?"
"The name's Allen! But anyways, why did you pelt a bottle of mustard at me for no apparent reason at ALL??"
"Because I felt like it. Now shut up, idiot. I have to go get my soba."
"Why you --- !"
Before Allen could finish, Lavi piped up: "Wow, blond hair really suits you, Allen."
"Shut up!" Kanda ignored them and ordered his soba.

Otherwise, nice write. You made me want to read it again (I haven't read in such a long time ;D). Good luck in the one-shot contest!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I LOVE KANDA! This is great!

Posted 13 Years Ago


There a some spelling/grammar things I noticed. The line: "which rested loyaly hand of its owner." Loyally (3 l's in total) and I think you are missing "in the" before the word hand.

2 other areas that could use a lot of improvement, as Aldora mentions, there really should be new paragraphs when starting a line of dialog of a different character. As it is currently, it's rather difficult to read and understand exactly what's going on.

The other issue is there is a lot of assumption that the reader is already familiar with the setting, terminology and characters. Having not seen this anime myself I was lost at several points, including "Allen grabbed it with his Clown Belt and Cross Grave-ed it." What is this clown belt and what is "cross grave"-ing? Also shouldn't it just be "cross-graved"? Similarly, the line "Yelled Lavi, a 'friend' of Kanda's, perhaps" implies a great deal, but since it's not fully described it doesn't help the reader understand Kanda's feelings towards this person.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow. This really illistrates Kanda's kind of "eh" nature. nice work.
Just a few suggestions. It is kind of hard to follow the dialouge sometimes. You should make what they say into their paragraph. Such as in the beginning, I think it would be a little easier it make it this way:
"Ba-Kanda!!" Allen yelled at Kanda.
"What is it, Moyashi?"
"The name's Allen! But anyways, why did you pelt a bottle of mustard at me for no apparent reason at ALL??"
"Because I felt like it. Now shut up, idiot. I have to go get my soba."
"Why you --- !"
Before Allen could finish, Lavi piped up: "Wow, blond hair really suits you, Allen."
"Shut up!" Kanda ignored them and ordered his soba.

Otherwise, nice write. You made me want to read it again (I haven't read in such a long time ;D). Good luck in the one-shot contest!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

5929 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 19, 2009
Last Updated on July 19, 2009

Author

The One Who is Green
The One Who is Green

Troy, MI



About
Hi! As you may have known (through my Display Name) that my favorite color is GREEN! Yes, call me alien, call me an Unknown Life-form, but green is NOT going to lose to blue! Though despite my favorit.. more..

Writing