I'm Not Impressed!

I'm Not Impressed!

A Poem by Yina
"

Somewhat of a rant

"

I'm so not impressed with how judgmental this world is!

What's wrong with darker or lighter skin?

It's all beautiful an we're all the same on the inside

What's wrong with different clothes?

It all covers your body (for the most part anyway)

What's wrong with living on this street or in that town?

It's all on this earth an all created by God

What's wrong with going to this school?

They all teach you pretty much the same thing

What's wrong with going to this church?

We all have our own beliefs

So you stick to your life an I'll stick to mine

You watch what you do an I'll watch mine

Let's all be fair an not judge others alright?

God made us all equal

Noone is better then the next

© 2011 Yina


Author's Note

Yina
How I feel about the judging in this world. It's not fair!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Really love poetry like this, fighting the major topics in society. I do wonder sometimes why there is so much hate in the world, why strangers and even friends are seen with distrust, with the ability to hurt rather than care. I liked this poem, good job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I especially like the message sent in this poem; I've always wondered why some people always have to stereotype. Of course, saying that they're stereotyping is bad would be a judgement myself, so I'm not gonna say that. I'm just gonna think to myself. :)
And no, it's not fair, but then again, what is? The fact is, life's not fair. We can't exactly change that. But we can try and help, and writing meaningful poetry like this is one way of helping. Good job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is a lovely poem and it sends a great message. We are all God's children!

Posted 12 Years Ago


nice...really really nice! Whats wrong... i dont know why ppl do that. In my country where social stratification was( and i believe still is) based on ascribed status like skin colour, hair texture I think this poem really applies. good write:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


AMEN TO THAT!! God made ALL men in His image

Posted 12 Years Ago


It is not fair and Only God can judge us for real, so my advice, and I am not saying you are by any means, is "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" dont judge them to harshly, and let the judging role off of yours like water on a ducks back, for they, we, are all foolish children and cannot understand the error of our ways! I love this piece though, because I feel the same way as you in that I hate the judgeing, and i do it too, I know hipocritical, yes but at least I am aware of it and am trying to change it, though I am not sure that judgeing isn't something so firmly ingrained in the human sychie, not spelled right, I know, that we cannot part from it, nor rip it from our conciousse minds! I talk to much, and I will judge myself!

Posted 12 Years Ago


You have great wisdom beyond your years. Wonderful settiment..thanks for writing this poem and reminding us all the true way of life...the only way life should be lived...acceptance instead of being judgemental. Excellent!1

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is a very realistic piece of poetry. I feel the exact same way about the world today. Many of my friends think that they can't be friends with those who are less fortunate than them, but I'll send them this poem and it'll change their minds. :) Great write!

~Lizzard~

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I love the message here! We need more youth like you out in the world! Bravo Sweetie!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wonderful thoughts you posess, wish alot more people thought like that :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Truthful and honest. Just the way I like poetry to be (most of the time. sometimes...not so much. lol)
Great write :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

453 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 26, 2011
Last Updated on May 26, 2011

Author

Yina
Yina

Canada



About
Howdy:) I'm a 18-year-old girl that... well lets just say, I looked thru some writings posted here at writerscafe an even tho I've never writin any poems or stories or anything, it looks like fun an I.. more..

Writing
Where I Am From Where I Am From

A Poem by Yina


Give A Chance Give A Chance

A Poem by Yina


Diamante Diamante

A Poem by Yina



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..