Conversation Addressing A Mirror

Conversation Addressing A Mirror

A Poem by HollisAnn Harrison

I see you there, though you don't see me. You're having trouble with this one, aren't you? It could be that something is on your mind, perhaps? You seem off your game tonight. (Pause) Oh, by all means, do not let me interrupt your train of thought. I am merely observing, checking in from time to time. My purpose? It's not clear to you? (Sigh) It's as clear as day, yet when the moment arrives to speak of it, I "choke". It's an expression, you see, which implies that one is, in essence, incapable of speaking or doing when one ought to. In my case, I can hardly say my purpose, my ulterior motive, but I assure you I mean well. (Pause, chuckle) You would ponder at this, I assume, and therein lies my curiosity. What are you thinking in that brilliant mind of yours? (Long Pause) "Silence" was always an interesting task, was it not? I could spew forth beautiful words and phrases, yet you would long for my silence. Well, now you have it, for I am here and you are there. (Pause, Sigh) That was a long time ago. The one wish of which I can state is for your happiness, as long as you live and anon. (Short Pause) So, as I've said, do not let me interrupt you. Perhaps you are not thinking, and are instead with a friend. (Pause) I wish your happiness. Until next we meet, good night.

© 2015 HollisAnn Harrison


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on April 9, 2015
Last Updated on April 9, 2015