On the beach

On the beach

A Story by Pandamoon

The beach was beautiful and it was all ours. I looked at mommy her face the calmest I had ever seen it.

“Mommy can I go swimming?” I asked.

I saw something flash in her eyes and she quickly shook her head.

“No sweetie, we didn’t bring your floties.” She said her smile bighting her whole face.

I shrugged and slide my hand out of hers and skipped up and down the deserted beach. I would have fun weather we swam or not. I picked the stones and chucked them into the water, but I was so small that they barely made it to the water and they didn’t make any ripples.

“Mommy when will I grow up and be big and beautiful like you?” I asked walking up to my mom. He brown curly hair spilled over her shoulder and how I longed to be like her.

“Oh aren’t you sweet.” She said lifting me off the ground and spinning me in the air. I laughed as I spun in the air and looked at my mom’s face, she was laughing to. It was perfect. She placed me back on the beach and we both stumbled a little dizzy. The beach was covered in round perfect black rocks, the sky was grey but there was no wind.

I wore my pink fluffy coat and mommy wore her long grey one. She watched me as I played with the stones and laughed as my stack of stones fell.

“Mommy I never want to leave.” I said looking over the water.

I wasn’t very old but I knew that I would never find a place like this ever again, this was someplace special. I turned to see if mommy would agree to letting me stay here but her gaze seemed troubled.

“Mommy.” She looked down as if just remembering I was still here and there were tears in her eyes.

“Mommy what’s wrong. We don’t have to stay here if you don’t want to.”

Mommy just smiled and kneeled to face me.

“Baby I’m going to go for a quick swim but I don’t want you swimming with me. I want you to collect 100 perfect stones and put them all in a nice pile.” I nodded but I didn’t want Mommy to go swimming without me.

I looked towards the water and it had started to come closer and waves now started to pick up. Mommy began to walk in but I was afraid for her. I called after her and ran towards her. She turned and screamed at me.

“NO, do what I told you. If you touch this water mommy will hate you forever.” I stopped dead in my tracks.

Mommy slid farther into the water and I began to scream after her as a white light blinded me.

“NO, No, no. We’re losing the mother. I can’t get a response from her. She’s flat lining. Hit her again.”

I couldn’t turn my neck but I screamed for mommy. I was so confused all I could remember was the blinding head lights the crunch of metal. But I knew mommy was dying. I struggled to get up but people held me down as I head my mommy dying.

“NO, mommy. Let me see mommy. No, please don’t leave me. Please stay with me mommy I love you, don’t go.” I screamed trying to go to her but they kept my down, they kept me away from her and soon I knew she was gone.

Later when I was older I remembered the dream, I didn’t know if it was real but I knew that if it was that someone had to go in that water that a life had to paid and my Mother had paid hers. I grew up without her there in the flesh but somehow I always knew she was there. And one day when I had finally found the hundredth perfect black stone I felt myself get dizzy as if I had been spun in the air and I knew she was there with me, watching me forever and always my guardian. My mother.

© 2012 Pandamoon


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
Added on August 6, 2012
Last Updated on August 6, 2012

Author

Pandamoon
Pandamoon

Writing
Rin Rin

A Story by Pandamoon


Free falling Free falling

A Story by Pandamoon


Burnned Burnned

A Story by Pandamoon