Scars

Scars

A Poem by I'llPlayTheJuliet

I stare down at these scars

scatted across my theighs and arms.

I think of those days when

cutting was an esacpe to my pain.

I stare and I stare,

I begin to feel proud,

I made myself happy,

with such a small blade.

Now I am sickend by such a dumb thought.

I was not happy

but mearly distracted

from my pessimistic thoughts.

I can't wait for the day that these scars will fade.

Maybe I will be happy the genuine way.

© 2009 I'llPlayTheJuliet


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

hehe I like colours :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I can really relate to this alot. All you can do is hope the scars will fade away and hope you can deal with life another way besides cutting. I suggest you read some of my writing. You can probably really relate to some of my writing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


OMIGAWD!!!! THIS TOUCHED MY SOUL, AND BROUGHT HAPPY TEARS TO MY EYES!!!!!!
I'll be hoping that one day you really are "happy the genuine way"!!! You go from an opimisstic point of view to a pessimistic point of view about how "happy" your scars truely made you feel. I feel so proud of you!! Because, when you can look at the scars and realize that they didn't make you truely happy that you're like 20 feet, screw steps because you leaped this fuggin far, closer to never cutting again and being truely happy the "genuine way"!! Please!! Just keep looking at it this way, look at your scars with dissapproval and make the decision that you never want to go back to being "artifically happy"! I'm working and working on it too!!! I'm getting close. But instead of leaps and feet I'm moving slower, I'm shuffling and slowing taking step by step closer to a cutting-free future. You've come so far if this is how you look at what you've done! This kind of realization is exactly the thing that pushes you to stop for good!! I hope this is how things are for you still! If not, please tell me so A.S.A.P. because I'd like to know what happened to turn you right back around.
Oh, and I found one spelling error. "Theighs" is actually spelled "thighs", but that's the only problem I found.
GREAT WRITE!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


what are u talkin about ur a crap writer? this aint too shabby and that yellow happy word nearly burned through my eyes

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
A
I really like this poem! If this is about you...I'm sure you'll make it through this and find happiness "the genuine way." :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This poem really touched me.
.___.

"Maybe I will be happy the genuine way."
That almost brings tears to my eyes. :/

Great poem. [:

Posted 14 Years Ago


Tragic yet hopeful. If you're writing about yourself, I hope you find that genuine love for yourself.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

241 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on July 20, 2009

Author

I'llPlayTheJuliet
I'llPlayTheJuliet

WA



About
Everywhere I Look,You're All I See. Lay your head down just for now Space fills your mind and you dream awhile The sun floods your room as you drown your lungs full of breathing Your true l.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..