Letter to God

Letter to God

A Poem by hannahspelledbackwards
"

Haven't you always wanted to ask God anything?

"
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

If I could write a letter to God,
I think I know just what I'd say.
I'd ask Him why He holds my breaths
And why He woke me up today.
I'd ask Him what He did with time
Before He created this world of wonder
Did He ever get lonely or even bored?
And what motivated Him to create thunder?
Is heaven more beautiful than imagined,
And is it far beyond human knowledge?
As people, we're so easily distracted
By how much He carries everyone's bondage
How long did it take Him to create me,
And is He proud of who I am?
How little I appreciate all that He does
Therefore His love I will never understand

If I could write a letter to God,
I think I know just what I'd say.
I'd ask when He created the stars above,
And if they'll go away one day.
I'd remind Him how very little I know
Of all the things He has in store
I'll pray that His will be done,
And that I'll answer when He's at the door.
I'll ask where His favorite place might be
And why it captivates His attention
Is it somewhere in the far unknown,
Or is it somewhere that He's mentioned?
I'll ask Him why He loves me so;
Such an unimportant average human
I never seem to do anything right
And His plan, I always perfectly ruin

If God could write a letter to me,
I think I know just what He'd say.
He'd tell me not to worry about life
For He's planned every second of every day.
He'd remind me the day He sent His Son
Into this cold world of desire and hate
To show us all He's not condemning,
But in love, He died in our place.
He'd say to trust Him, for He has a plan
He knows it's hard to stay on track
He doesn't expect from us perfection,
But let Him take care of all you lack.
And don't believe the world of doubt
For they don't know what they don't know
"Believe in Me, I'll never let you down,"
And in the darkest nights, He'll give us hope.

I know a letter is unnecessary at best,
For I have found a better solution
You don't need any papers or pens
To ask God to give answers to your confusion.
You may not find everything unknown
And things may go unanswered for life,
But one day everyone will know
Every answer to the questions He hides.
For if we knew as much as God,
In whom do we need to trust?
The Savior has risen and He paid the price,
His unconditional love is more than enough.

© 2011 hannahspelledbackwards


Author's Note

hannahspelledbackwards
I think we all have many questions to ask God, don't we? But we don't need to write a letter to ask Him. He's always listening, and He's everywhere. You may not always get the answers you want, because there are some things, as humans, we will never know. But you can always ask God anything, anytime, anywhere.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
*
WOW! The idea of God confuses me. I doubt and then I wonder if doubting is right, and then I doubt some more. I would say I am more of a non believer than a believer but as of lately, for some odd reason, I have been running into writings like your's. Or people would recommend me to writings of their's that are on the topic of God. If I could write God a letter, I would ask him so many things. I would ask him, everything you wrote about and some. I love the ending to your poem. I am so confused, and I have so many unanswered prayers (when I used to pray) and unanswered questions. Your poem here, is definitely inspiring. The poems I have read lately have inched me that much closer to being a beliver again, your poem as brought me that much closer as well. Thank you for writing this poem and sharing it with us! This piece is amazing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I can agree with you. I would ask God many questions. Congrats on winning second place.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is such a lovely expression of your questions and wonderings, many of which I share as well, and it reminded me so well of the fact that I can't fully understand the Lord, and it's okay and completely understandable--how could He be God if I understood Him perfectly? I also love the parts of your poem about His planning our every second of life and about His infinitely generous love for us! Thanks so much for glorifying Him and uplifting others with your writing abilities!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is an awesome write. It seems everyone has questions for a letter to God. How many read his letter to us? And more importantly, how many of those of us who claim to know him, are willing to be his letter in action? Your poem does exactly that. It communicates God's compassion for us and His desire for relationship.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is beautiful. Leaving the dynamics of religion for others to ponder, and in admitted lack of knowledge regarding who or what God may or may not be, I must admit that I do find something greater than humanity abounding here and there. Today I find it in the voice a young woman in bloom... hugs

Posted 13 Years Ago


Beautifully said- And I ask all these questions, and some are best left unanswered. But, as long as he is here by our sides, I believe the questions are answered.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Really well said, Hannah. A beautiful write that hits close to home.

Posted 13 Years Ago


AMEN!! simply amazing! so honest and open and true! i know i have thought those things so many times! its refreshing to find that im not the only one who thinks the same. we worry to much about where our future is going, selfish means, our pain. we get so caught up in ourselves, that we fail to see hte bigger picture! we fail to see God's wonderful creation, the good things he does throughout the world, in our lives, in other people's lives! we fail to see God!
so many people blame God when things go wrong, and only a few remember to thank Him when things go right! we need to keep focus on the good things in life and rember to give thanks to the one who has provided them! and you know what, its the simple things that make a big difference.
fantastic write! loved it!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
*
WOW! The idea of God confuses me. I doubt and then I wonder if doubting is right, and then I doubt some more. I would say I am more of a non believer than a believer but as of lately, for some odd reason, I have been running into writings like your's. Or people would recommend me to writings of their's that are on the topic of God. If I could write God a letter, I would ask him so many things. I would ask him, everything you wrote about and some. I love the ending to your poem. I am so confused, and I have so many unanswered prayers (when I used to pray) and unanswered questions. Your poem here, is definitely inspiring. The poems I have read lately have inched me that much closer to being a beliver again, your poem as brought me that much closer as well. Thank you for writing this poem and sharing it with us! This piece is amazing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

526 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on January 15, 2011
Last Updated on January 15, 2011

Author

hannahspelledbackwards
hannahspelledbackwards

Sydney, Australia



About
I'm Hannah, a 23 year old who loves art, animals, people, traveling and nature. I write poetry, songs, and stories. I write books but for some reason I never finish them. I can't write a poem unless I.. more..

Writing