happiness

happiness

A Chapter by Alm
"

he saw suffering, that he had never before cared to notice.

"

            He could be anywhere in the world if he wanted, any clothes, any girl on his arm. But he didn’t choose that life. Instead, he roamed dirty streets.

 

            “I want to find myself,” he’d said, a cliché, to his parents, “You can let me go and I will return, or I can just leave forever.”

 

            He left, and he saw suffering of the people around him. He gave away his jacket to cold children, shoes to an old man. He did many acts of kindness.

 

            He came home months later: face gaunt, feet tired; yet his eyes content and satisfied. 



© 2013 Alm


Author's Note

Alm
hooray. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

If only we all had the strength to do so, and only if we weren't so fond of luxury, the world would be such a marvellous place.

Nice work. It was so peaceful and uplifting. It kind of... hums.

Okay, now that was weird. I'm not swear, I drunk! (Okay, bad joke, ignore my tired humor)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
1 Review
Added on February 7, 2013
Last Updated on February 7, 2013


Author

Alm
Alm

By the sea, in a land called Honah Lee



About
Alm is short for Alyssa Marie. I'm sixteen now, I don't claim to write well. I'm sorry if I review bad. Sometimes I bake snickerdoodles, the smell of cinnamon and vanilla on my fingertips lingers... more..

Writing
great great

A Poem by Alm


i am i am

A Poem by Alm


the saddest the saddest

A Poem by Alm