snowflakes

snowflakes

A Chapter by Alm
"

the ice took his life.

"

 

 

She missed the winter snows back home. Her old home in colder places. Colder places where her heart was warm.

 

This new place had too much sun. It stung and hurt. It was just a house; never a home.

 

She missed the way the snowflakes would land on her skin and melt, making her warm and cold at the same time.

 

Her father would be right there with her, in the snow. Watching snowflakes fall.

Roads turning into ice, he died because of that.

 

She watched her own snowflakes fall.

 

The way her blood looked--splattered--reminded her of snowflakes.



© 2012 Alm


Author's Note

Alm
There's cutting in here, obviously.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Woah.

I think I'm going to stop leaving such long reviews, because really, my first reaction to EVERY SINGLE THING YOU WRITE is just "woah." It really is. It just kind of slaps you across the face and you know it's coming but it surprises you anyway.

GAH. The metaphor with snow and snowflakes and spatters was just brilliant. HOW ARE YOU NOT FAMOUS.

Mkay, on to the next piece. You should probably start ignoring my creeping, as I'm only going to get more insane as I get more tired...

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
1 Review
Added on December 19, 2012
Last Updated on December 19, 2012


Author

Alm
Alm

By the sea, in a land called Honah Lee



About
Alm is short for Alyssa Marie. I'm sixteen now, I don't claim to write well. I'm sorry if I review bad. Sometimes I bake snickerdoodles, the smell of cinnamon and vanilla on my fingertips lingers... more..

Writing
great great

A Poem by Alm


i am i am

A Poem by Alm


the saddest the saddest

A Poem by Alm