Juliet & Her Garden

Juliet & Her Garden

A Story by Joey Nizz

Juliet, a retired mother who  lives on her own in the suburbs and had many hobbies and one of them is gardening and every year before the season comes, she and her son (David) used to plant seeds that used to grow into the best watermelons anyone ever have ever tasted, it was like a yearly tradition for them.
Her son "David" unfortunately was in jail is so she couldn't do it this year but decided to write him a letter.

Dear David,

How are you?
I'm feeling pretty lonely and sad this year, your not here and our tradition will pass and I can't even do it without you by my side, I tried to dig but I just can't do it without you, I'm getting too old for this.. so I don't think I can plant the watermelon seeds this year son.
If you were here, all my troubles would be over and go away, I know that you would be happy to dig up the garden for me again just like you used to before, just like the good ol' days.

Love you,
Mama

In a matter of days, the letter was delivered to the prison and was received by David. David had nothing but tears in his eyes for not being there for his mom to do the tradition that they always had.
David wrote Juliet a letter back saying:

Dear Mama, please don't dig up the garden this year, that's where I hid all of the bodies.

Love David.

at 6 am the next morning, the police and the FBI arrived at her house and told her that they need to dig up her backyard!
They dug up the yard and found nothing, no bodies and they left the yard dug up and didn't put it the way it was, they apologized to Juliet and said it might have been a false alarm.

Juliet received a letter from David a day later saying,

Dear Mama,

Go ahead and plant the watermelon seeds, that's the best thing I could do under the conditions I'm in.

Love you.

David.

© 2017 Joey Nizz


Author's Note

Joey Nizz
A lovely story that I've come across so decided to do a similar version of my own.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lovely....very lovely...I can say

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Thanks! ^^
It touched my heart. What a concern David has shown for his mom, that's really heart touching.
In the para 'At 6 PM...in third line it should be 'bodies'

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Yeah, no matter where you or anybody is, the love that we send will be received in anyway we send it.. read more
Najam Us Saher

6 Years Ago

It happens with everyone :)
You are most welcome.
Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Indeed it does :)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
Made me chuckle....................

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Lol thanks for your review and im glad that you liked it.
Gee

6 Years Ago

Nice not to read " woe is me "
this was amazing !!!! hahahahah i loved it
a good twist

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

lol thanks Pia, im glad you liked it.
haha i have read this one :P
:) its funny... good to share with others who have not read it ..

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

haha I read it and i was like hmm let me write something similar lol
good story, good story x.. read more
nice piece and thanks very much for sharing the given talent.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Thank you very much, and your welcome :)
Criminals have their own clever tactics, don't they. This indeed was a lovely story. Beautifully penned.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

I agree, masters of statics until their caught.
Thank you for your review.
Zoya

6 Years Ago

No problem

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

233 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 14, 2017
Last Updated on October 15, 2017
Tags: Nostalgic, Nostalgia, Mom, son, jail, garden, watermelon, tradition, letter

Author

Joey Nizz
Joey Nizz

Manama, Reef Island, Bahrain



About
Whatever the mind and heart creates, I put it down with my pen on a paper, whatever inspires me and whatever inspires others, I got to share the inspiration and the knowledge and the hardship that I a.. more..

Writing