Everything Happens for a Reason?

Everything Happens for a Reason?

A Story by Joey Nizz

People or some people always like to say:
"Everything happens for a reason".

But I think that that's just some crazy bullshit,
Was there a reason why the love of my life died in 2020 with an known illness that got to her into her and the doctors still cant figure out why?

I didn't think so. I told you its bullshit.

Lizza and I were the couple that struggled and beat all the odds.

We made it through long hour or days or weeks, without being able to be together because of part time job to survive. We made it thought the death of her father.
Through all of the change, our love was one constant I could rely on.

Our daily routine used to go like this;

I'd wake up at 6am in out s****y apartment on the floor we sleep on because we couldn't afford a bed in the capital city, she would already be up because she always watches over me as I sleep, I used to really hate mornings. 
I could hardly get out of bed to the smell of the breakfast she was making for me knowing that she was up all night watching over me when i used to beg her to fall asleep with me.

But now, I stumble out bed right away, not smelling the same ol' smell every morning or to wake up seeing he watching over me, just trying to stay longer in a cold, empty bed, all by myself.

Back then, I'd go to work and be home around 5 pm, and that's when Lizza was waiting for me while prepared dinner before she goes to work at 7 pm.
Seafood was her favorite and I always used to surprise her with it sometimes even though she tells me to save money every time.

If she was still here I would fulfill her wishes and save up the money from buying seafood and learn to cook it myself for her..

Before we sleep, we would watch movies or play video games or go on social media and always in the same room.
Sometimes we wouldn't really do anything other than just to sit and talk for hours, Lizza was always great to talk to..

I always knew it be a great day whenever she comes from her early shifts or late shifts and says: "You know, Yousif, "I have been thinking about something today"
I would laugh and joke and say oh no this cant be good haha, then I just smile and say: what have you been thinking of love?

I always called her love. She said it was unnecessarily sappy, but i didn't care I was in love with who I was with and I would like to express it anyways I can.

But now.. I guess that changed too..

So that's why I don't think that everything happens for a reason, because my life for once was going completely perfect, and for an unknown reason, an unknown illness took it all away from me... Faster than a beat of a butterflies wings, my life changed..

And now again after all of those years, Im alone once more again..

I really miss you Lizza, and will always love and remember you.

But I sill think that "everything happens for a reason" is bullshit!

Unless the reason was to make anyone's perfect life hell, then in this case it worked perfectly..

Everything happens for a reason. 

But you were the reason to live.

© 2023 Joey Nizz


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

damn bro.
That is some real sh*t...
I remember when everyone was telling me to "look for the silver lining".
I also remember thinking those same people could take a short walk off a high building...
When our reason leaves, we either find a new desire to embrace passion.
Or the part of us that mattered leaves with it...
Either/or.
Not a fun time

Posted 1 Month Ago


Amazing write here, enjoyed the imagery I got with this.

Posted 4 Months Ago


Joey Nizz

2 Months Ago

Thank you, this was based on a true story and I was hoping that I'd painted the picture in words.read more
Good Job !!

Posted 4 Months Ago


Joey Nizz

2 Months Ago

Thank you Omar, I always appreciate your time reviewing my writings.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

65 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 1, 2023
Last Updated on November 1, 2023
Tags: life, love, tragedy, illness

Author

Joey Nizz
Joey Nizz

Manama, Reef Island, Bahrain



About
Whatever the mind and heart creates, I put it down with my pen on a paper, whatever inspires me and whatever inspires others, I got to share the inspiration and the knowledge and the hardship that I a.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Homeless dog Homeless dog

A Story by Nora