Re-Kindle

Re-Kindle

A Poem by Joey Nizz

It has been years followed by their months and days, honestly, I don't know how long has it been but It been far too long since I have lost you.
We were two branches of a tree that bloomed with beauty that always held on to that very tree, no lightning storms any forest fire could take them away from that tree.
Two branches that had a bond even stronger than the roots of their very tree.
Until that one day when a traitorous wind came to my side and it was pleasant, it made me grew and made me restore my faith in humanity when I lost it all.
A wind so pleasant and peaceful that meant no harm, but little came to know that the same wind was nothing but a hurricane that even unplugged the same tree from its soil with its deep roots that held on so strong with its durability but it was really powerful with its lies and hate, it was the dark wind took it all away, it was the dark wind that suffocated the tree to its demise.
The two branches fell, one was taken by the wind and the other lost as it fell, and was left to decay... decaying but still enduring and waiting for the day when a new tree grows for it to reunite with its lost branch, never happened and was seen that it would never will...
A branch forever lost forever decaying, until when will this madness keep on going?
In the same very soil, a flower grew, a flower with its roots rooted and its tiny branches touch the branch and grew into a tree that bloomed even more than the first tree.
Together with one so strong and so firm that not a single black storm or volcano nor even a strong flood, stream or tide could bring it down.
Till a day came and the tree was dying, and the brunch was staying green for the tree to survive, till the old branch came flying into the rescue but darkness came behind it as it moved in slowly.
Trying to re-kindle to make up for the time the black wind took it away but little that everyone knew that the black wind was hiding in the shadows and ready to strike again...
Trying to lure it away from the tree into the dark winds to re-kindle the old what was, what was a lie, betrayal and a deception.

© 2018 Joey Nizz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great way you connected the reality of life with nature...........

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Thanks, sometimes its nice to have good imagery when writing.

Thanks again for your r.. read more
very well written and I love the connection in it's self. bonding thanks for the nice poem

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Thanks Roxane, and I really appreciate your Review ^^
This is a beautifully written story with lovely symbolism. Really heart touching with a message 'not to lose hope'

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Thank you for your thoughts and review!
Im sorry that they were some mistakes but I just fixe.. read more
Najam Us Saher

6 Years Ago

You are most welcome, it is my pleasure to read such positive words. ☺
That's deep really deep..

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Thank you for your review Farhan.
The metaphors spoke..
...and it is deeply true

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Thank you for your comment and your review.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 13, 2018
Last Updated on January 20, 2018
Tags: re-kindle, betrayal, deception

Author

Joey Nizz
Joey Nizz

Manama, Reef Island, Bahrain



About
Whatever the mind and heart creates, I put it down with my pen on a paper, whatever inspires me and whatever inspires others, I got to share the inspiration and the knowledge and the hardship that I a.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


A Journey A Journey

A Poem by Joey Nizz


Start Now Start Now

A Story by Joey Nizz


Diary Diary

A Poem by iamshadowine