Lost Without You

Lost Without You

A Poem by Jcarson237

Can’t get you off my mind. Can’t get you off my mind.

This love is killing me, tearing my soul from my very body.

Can’t get you off my mind. Can’t get you off my mind.

I’ve never felt like this before. I know I could be happy, but it would be the death of me.

Oh, sweet slumber.

I could grab my good ol’ friend right up off the shelf, forget just who you are, and forget myself.

Down the rabbit hole

It was a dark road that I took. Last time that I was happy, last time I was without you.

I didn’t sleep a wink, I never slept at all. I roamed the streets in darkness, I roamed the streets at night.

You took me from my prison, you showed me the sunlight. You gave me a reason not to travel in the night.

But not that you are gone, the night is looming close.

I can't be here alone, you can’t be by my side. I have no where that’s home, I have nowhere to hide.

© 2017 Jcarson237


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
Added on February 28, 2017
Last Updated on February 28, 2017

Author

Jcarson237
Jcarson237

Varies, CO



About
I'm wondering soul I've seen tragedy I've seen suffering Loss I've experienced each of these first hand But each day, I move forward And try to make all I can smile along my path If you Li.. more..

Writing