Between the Junipers

Between the Junipers

A Poem by JulieNorell
"

I love this one...Its enchanting....

"

Have you ever had those days...?

Where nothing was going right...

Where everywhere you turned something was going wrong?

Someone dies every second of everyday....

What happens if someone in your life dies...?

Do you cry?

Or just sit and stare at the spot on the floor from the wine that was spilled at the Christmas party you celebrated last year...

Do you deny any thing has happened and just continue on happily...Or do you punch walls...Break dishes and kick tables over....

Silent tears...These are my attackers...They come unexpectedly at the mention of anything and everything in relation to the lost soul....

Then they continue their attack long into the night...

After all of the lights are out, and the house is quiet...

When the hum of the heater is the loudest noise...

When the wild animals are prowling the night...Stalking their prey...

While the wind lifts the leaves high in the trees...

I have an escape...I crawl out of my warm comforting bed...

Into the cold night I walk....Every step taking me farther and farther from home...and closer and closer to your grave...

The wet sand squeezing between my toes...clinging to the bottom of my bare feet...

The wind blows my white night gown...Tickling my knees...

The moonlight reflects off of the water puddles...The moon and stars on the earth...

The light shines on my pale, winter washed out skin...

My hair light flows free...Strands sticking to my lips...

I walk...Past the bubbling river...Through the trees...Birds tweeting...Deer calling...

I splash through the deep long puddle...There I see you...Your bones lay between the juniper trees...

I remember the shame and guilt that still echoes shallowly under my skin bringing the tears to my eyes...

Your death was my fault...weather it was an accident or not...

My mother loved you...I killed you...I killed a part of my mother...

Now I step closer...

I lay the white rose that I plucked from the rose bush in the front yard...making my fingers bleeds, on your bones...

Then I lay next to you...Silent tears stream down my face...blood drips on the rose...

And it begins to rain...

 

© 2010 JulieNorell


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very beautiful, tragic, honest and brave piece. So much emotion is expressed in your words. It drips off the page like tears. A powerful poem expertly written.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
reb
Juie, I know what you are talking about...thank you.

Posted 13 Years Ago


imho, this stands somewhere between poetry and prose, but it's on a very thin line between those two. i absolutely adore the imagery and the story thread developing, i love the way expressions tend to flow from one another. oh, and the ending is perfect! agree about the spelling, but that is something that under no circumstances shadows the beauty of this piece.

Posted 13 Years Ago


It's so sad! The imagery was amazing, but I think you should do spell check next time. It's still good.

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Guilt and sadness. It reads as a remorseful confession. Well done!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is quite sad.. you have very nice adjectives that compliment this poem...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nice job (:


Posted 13 Years Ago


beautiful imagery, but so very tragic

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

241 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 14, 2010
Last Updated on December 15, 2010


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..