A letter to someone who will never know

A letter to someone who will never know

A Story by prachi prangya agasti

Dear

Someone who will never know

Maybe I am hopelessly boring but you are endlessly fascinating. And so I thought I could never be your hurricane. How could I when you aren’t even aware of the longings that have beaten down so deep inside my heart where you can never find them.

You don’t know the stolen glances I sneak whenever you are not looking. You don’t know that I desperately wait for you to acknowledge me, without me having to start a conversation. You don’t know how my eyes drift towards you hoping somehow you would be waiting to catch mine. You don’t know that the smile of yours lift my heart. When you laugh, there is a carefree innocence within you that see more genuine than a child.  Maybe I am more than content to play this beautiful game but a part of my heart hopes for more.

Maybe I am a fool to think that you’re different with me when we are alone. That I know things about you that is difficult to comprehend by others. But then I am stupid enough to be entrapped in this beautiful mess without you knowing the essence of it.

It’s been weeks I have wanted you. It’s the little things that sums up my desire to know you more. I know that you love your family in the most beautiful way possible and care for your friends more than anything, like they are the limbs you rely upon. I know you have a kind of look when you smile apologetically and your eyes become smaller; when you are bored or when you are at peace. I know that sometimes you bite your nails when you are thinking.

I know you couldn’t give what I wanted, a desperate promise and an empty heart where I could stay. But I am ready to take anything and everything you could give, a temporary bliss; aimless walking in the night, sharing songs, innocent teasing and endless bickers. Sometimes you push and then pull testing the boundaries maybe thinking I could never leave. You want your heart’s privacy more than the intimacy of sincere connection.

Maybe we are like two parallel roads never meant to cross each other. But then would my admission of the sensations that evokes in my heart whenever our eyes meet for brief seconds create any difference?

My heart needs a little courage. And I don’t think it is going to find the same anytime soon. But it is stubborn, seeking passion in your eyes when I am just like every other person in your life. I want to be that part of you which you never share under a pretentious smile whenever something is bothering you. I want to be a company in the rain, when you seek peace in some far away land.

You are more than just a person. And I hope, maybe you would be missing our little moments of silence in the rain sometime when I won’t be bothering with my messages, I hope you would be looking back when we part our ways at the crossroads like that night when we caught each other turning after we spent quite a time talking about anything and everything with brief moments of comfortable silence in between. I hope you catch me searching for you in a crowded room and smile at me like you’re doing the same. But sadly you never leave my mind and probably I never cross yours.

It is 2 AM, I am tossing and turning in bed knowing you’re asleep devoid of any possible hint that I am waiting for blue ticks on the message I sent while I drown within the moments I hold close to my heart.

Yours

Someone who has probably fallen for you

© 2017 prachi prangya agasti


Author's Note

prachi prangya agasti
Thank you for the reviews

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Maybe we are like two parallel roads never meant to cross each other...

Never meant to meet? Maybe is better just a suggestion...
I liked that line... and how simple things makes a lot of difference...and the other person is unaware ... :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


prachi prangya agasti

5 Years Ago

Thanks so much
Keep on writing. This letter can beg you a story.
I hope to see you explore. Replies of the blue ticks may unfold more such pieces. Do write.

Posted 6 Years Ago


prachi prangya agasti

6 Years Ago

Thanks....
A love can be so loyal and dedicated even when it loves unknown. It is an anchor in the soul that keeps us still and solid. The waves roll over us unabated, sweeping us further into its thrall. Sigh! I know those long and lonely nights when the heart is so in love, when each beat speaks his name, and thoughts wander to his door. Well penned.

Posted 6 Years Ago


prachi prangya agasti

6 Years Ago

Thanks so much
Letters are an old and well liked literary form, and this is a fine example, emotional but also considered
and rational !

Posted 6 Years Ago


prachi prangya agasti

6 Years Ago

Thanks so much
A worthwhile letter. I have wrote many letters never send. I liked your deep and honest thoughts. I wished often to find old lovers and ask questions. I never did. Thank you my friend for sharing the amazing letter and thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


prachi prangya agasti

6 Years Ago

Thank you...:-)
Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

You are welcome my friend.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

265 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 11, 2017
Last Updated on October 11, 2017
Tags: letter, crush

Author

prachi prangya agasti
prachi prangya agasti

bhubaneswar, chandrasekharpur, India



About
The person I am is the result of finite process of tests with no limits to its experiences. And the better aspect of the person I am can be reflected by the words of my family and friends. May be my i.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Love Love

A Poem by MsJewel