the shed...

the shed...

A Story by K8lyn
"

NOT FINISHED- DONT REVIEW

"

I see the flashing lights. I hear the sirens. I consider turning around and pretending I hadnt seen anything.

Then I see the shadows. I hear the voices. Theyre coming, running, this way. I do turn, and see the abandoned shed near the trailer. I sprint to it, making much too much noise for my liking, and squeeze through the bushes to the door. Ducking to avoid hitting my head on the fallen beams above, I crouch in the far corner, behind a crate of long forgotten metal hardware. I reach up to tighten my ponytail, and stop with hands hovering above my head, to listen for crunching leaves outside. Far away voices alert me to the danger not yet passed.

Theyre coming. Toward the shed. Toward me. I feel my own heart beat ing my chest. My ankles hurt my crouching inside this crowded and dirty shed. The door is open, impossibleto shut, the hinges are rusted so bad it'd be like trying to bust concrete. I can feel the wind blow the dust up in the air around me and I sneeze. The voices outside stop and the once-moving shadow is now stilled. I put my hand on the wall in front of me to steady my shaking. White, peeling paint rub the palm of my hand. The dirt under my nails is just now starting to bother me. What a thing to be worrying about at a time like this, I think. With dangerous people outside, looking for me, probably smart enough to know Im here, all I can concncentrate on is when Ill be able to scrub my hands.

© 2011 K8lyn


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

231 Views
1 Review
Added on March 12, 2011
Last Updated on March 12, 2011

Author

K8lyn
K8lyn

Denton, TX



About
I am an average perfectionist. I'm slightly OCD. (SLIGHTLY if you didnt catch that.) I like poetry and LOVE books. I call myself artsy. um... my favorite color is green. I'm all about 80.. more..

Writing
A bit of blue A bit of blue

A Story by K8lyn


panic attack panic attack

A Story by K8lyn