panic attack

panic attack

A Story by K8lyn

I can hear her voice loud and clear through the phone speaker. Shes encouraging me, calming me down from the emotional high ive set myself on. The panic is still taking hold of me, I dont know how to shed it. The weight is heavy upon my chest, I can feel my lungs straining to fill with air underneath it.

My back is pulled tight, I can feel the pain in my hand from the pinched nerve. I tilt my head to the side, trying to stretch out the flexed muscles that wont let go. It doesnt do anything, and I stoop back over into my original position. The pain throbs in my arm and my head aches.

My breath seems to be slowing down, finally. I can feel my heart in my throat, but its no longer choking me. The dun-dun, dun-dun of my heart beat is felt everywhere, and I cant swallow.

Shes still talking in my ear and the words are slow and soothing. Youre perfect the way you are, I love you, Dont think like that, Breathe....

I reach my hand down to my back and massage the knotted tendons running vertically up my back to my neck and shoulders. It hurts to put pressure on them, but I try to release some of the tension.

My hands are icy cold and im shaking. Shaking as if it was snowing in my little white-walled room. I want the chills to stop raking my body, but they wont and now Im starting to cry. I cry silently and to just myself, hoping she wont hear me on the other end of the line.

But she stops talking and I know ive been found out. The pause is miniscual, but there it is, and then shes back to talking. She just keeps talking, and Im glad for the noise becuase I dont think i could deal with the silence.

I reach up and pull the chain over my bed, signaling the fan to stop. It slows its pace, and I feel my bodys warmth returning. My tears stop coming when the heat does.

Moving from my crossed legs position, to laying fully on my back, I gaze at the popcorn ceiling.

Shes not talking as much now, and the pauses turn into long silences. I finally reply, telling her Im okay, That everything is going to be alright, Thanks for talking me down, I love you too...

The episode is over and I can move on.

 

 

 

 

 

© 2011 K8lyn


Author's Note

K8lyn
This is to all the writers whove been up at night, wondering how youll be able to get through another day...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow this is so on point I have actually felt this and you described it to the T. Good write

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I could really picture this in my head. has a frantic mood and nervous feel to it. good story!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

262 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 5, 2011
Last Updated on October 6, 2011

Author

K8lyn
K8lyn

Denton, TX



About
I am an average perfectionist. I'm slightly OCD. (SLIGHTLY if you didnt catch that.) I like poetry and LOVE books. I call myself artsy. um... my favorite color is green. I'm all about 80.. more..

Writing
A bit of blue A bit of blue

A Story by K8lyn



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..