Dead

Dead

A Poem by Katherine R.
"

I'm a really depressed person, so I wanted to write a poem about myself. Beware of depression. Seriously. R&R please! It's my first legitimate poem!

"
I hate myself.

I won't deny it.
I'm worthless and all I do is take up space on this Earth.
I don't deserve to be alive.

It's true.
I'm not going to commit suicide or anything, though.
I'm too much of a coward for that.

That's me!
A coward and a weakling.
Someone that is just TOO easy to push around.
You know why it's so easy?
'Cause I don't stand up for myself.
Ever.

I'm dead.
Or, at least, I might as well be.
You see, nobody knows me- the real me.
They never have and they never will.
Not even my best friends.
Not even my parents.
Not even my own sister.

The real me...
She hides, alone, in I corner of my head.
A corner of my soul.

She's tough.
She's straightforward.
She's honest.
But most of all, she's happy.

But she's dying.
She's losing the struggle to survive, to fight against this all-consuming depression.
She's dying.
I'm dying on the inside.

So no one will ever see the real me.
Never.
Not even those who care for me the most.

Because I'm too dead to show them.

© 2014 Katherine R.


Author's Note

Katherine R.
NO FLAMES, PLEASE.

With that aside, I'd like to request that you don't tell me to stop being depressed. It won't help, and, frankly, I've never even cut myself or anything. I want to, though. What I'm saying is that I'll be fine. My life's not in danger or anything. So shush. And review. Reviews are good.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I can really appreciate this poem because well.. I feel the same way. I'm proud of you though, for being so strong, for being so courageous you're here and you're still fighting and that's inspiring. I am also depressed just not quite as strong as you. I enjoyed your poem, STAY STRONG and keep writing, love.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Katherine R.

10 Years Ago

Thanks! Glad you liked it! I never really talk about this kind of stuff, so it's really new to me..... read more



Reviews

"I'm dying on the inside.

So no one will ever see the real me.
Never.
Not even those who care for me the most."

Very honest, very relevant to so many people...Thank you for sharing...:)....................


Posted 10 Years Ago


Katherine R.

10 Years Ago

Thanks! I'm glad you liked my depression poem! :)
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

I did...You are welcome...:)..................
Katherine, we all feel like this from time to time...well, let me rephrase that because I really don't know how we all feel...I feel like this from time to time...borderline often. It is a terrible feeling and it is hard to get over, but somehow I manage to pull through and it is by opening up to good friends...I have one or two, and if they are true friends they can make your life seem like it is really worth something and worth something immense.

Your poem is a good step...and....I enjoyed it. I really liked how you wrote it and it spoke to me and for me. This is a very well crafted piece of art.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Katherine R.

10 Years Ago

Thanks, Jack!
i came back from this...was at the edge and began to go over...felt all that you express here...
sometimes we have to get to the very bottom until the only way to go is up...

you'll get through it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Katherine R.

10 Years Ago

Thanks! Hope you're right! :)
Poetry helped me through my share of depression, especially when I learned to write about more positive things! This is a gritty psychological read Katherine!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Katherine R.

10 Years Ago

A look into my weird little head! :)

Poetry helps a lot. Like, more than any other type.. read more
Ah bollocks. Me too. Nicely written.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Katherine R.

10 Years Ago

Thanks for the compliment!
Only one who has faced depression can truly understand, and that is the greatest gift we can give another ... understanding. You are a lot stronger than you think, it emanates in each word you've written. Keep expressing, and remember even in your darkest moments, the light does shine again. Stay strong!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Katherine R.

10 Years Ago

Aww, thanks! You are right about understanding. I know two depressed people(that I personally see an.. read more
Traci

10 Years Ago

I do understand Katharine, so feel fee to message me anytime. And keep writing!
Katherine R.

10 Years Ago

Thanks, Traci!
What makes you think you know the real you?

Posted 10 Years Ago


Katherine R.

10 Years Ago

Very interesting. Didn't know that. You. You are a web/book/info bird! Yes I just called you a bird... read more
taleofthelur

10 Years Ago

You're welcome, keep writing on the summit.
Katherine R.

10 Years Ago

I shall. Thanks again!
I've been there too. I don't know how I got out now or I'd tell you my own story maybe and you'd feel. I couldn't feel anything and suicide didn't help. I was afraid to die, and afraid to live I think but I can't be sure. Well, anyway your poem brought that back to me and I thought I should let her know I survived. I'm not sure how but I did.

PS. I only came to your profile because my first love's name was Kathy R. about a million years ago though so I'm sure you're not her, then your title DEAD just hit me like a brick. So I wrote a poem about the way I feel about her. Thanks. It's a pretty good one. Thanks for the memory, I think.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Katherine R.

10 Years Ago

Well you're right, I'm not her. But that poem you wrote was really good, regardless.
I really relate. I've been here before. It's not a fun place. It's a really poignant expression of what depression is to me: having your identity slowly sucked away. It takes a lot of courage to write this kind of stuff and share it. Maybe one day you'll feel better. But happy poetry never quite has the same appeal as this darker, heavier stuff.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Katherine R.

10 Years Ago

I know what you mean, I'm addicted to reading and writing depressing poetry.

Thanks fo.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

635 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 25, 2014
Last Updated on January 26, 2014
Tags: Dead, me, poem, depression

Author

Katherine R.
Katherine R.

About
I'm a new writer, but I'd still like to write novels and stuff. I'm a huge literature fan and I'm rather fond of poetry. But enough about that. So...I'm creative, secluded, depressed, and a little.. more..

Writing
Lonely Lonely

A Story by Katherine R.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..