The Eye of the Gods

The Eye of the Gods

A Poem by Katie Marie

The Eye of the Gods watches over us day by day,
Seeming to show us two in the path of the lonely
and not just the lonely one.

© 2013 Katie Marie


Author's Note

Katie Marie
This is extremely short, but it's a thought that I couldn't get out of my head. I was drawing in my notebook during Psychology class and thought of an eye looking over a hill like the sun at a lone person, creating the shadow behind them.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I thought this was great. It spoke to me in more than one way.
First i imagined the two being a lone person with invisible guardian angel.
Then...it made me think of people on writers cafe who express their personal loneliness and find others out there who feel the same.
then...there was the deeper way of seeing it with the invisible inner eye...I could go on and on.
Very Good. really really good.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I've seen quite a few people write poems in the length of three lines. I can't remember the name for it, but it's recently been experimental. I love it though. I haven't written one before, nor have I had the interest, but this specific one interests me a great deal. So much said in so few words. You did good. Very good.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

We are not alone and we will never be alone.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Switch that 's' on Gods to Eye, and it's perfect!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Katie Marie

10 Years Ago

I meant it to be just one eye. I wrote it thinking of the sun (the eye of the gods) creating a shado.. read more
great!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I thought this was great. It spoke to me in more than one way.
First i imagined the two being a lone person with invisible guardian angel.
Then...it made me think of people on writers cafe who express their personal loneliness and find others out there who feel the same.
then...there was the deeper way of seeing it with the invisible inner eye...I could go on and on.
Very Good. really really good.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

245 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 9, 2013
Last Updated on February 9, 2013

Author

Katie Marie
Katie Marie

Hippyville, WI



About
I was introduced to this site by a friend who is an amazing writer. Thank you to my friend Cheyenne. About my writing: I don't ever write poems that rhyme. (So, if those are the poems you like to .. more..

Writing