Mission Statement: Level Unlocked

Mission Statement: Level Unlocked

A Story by youngpoet98
"

I wrote this as a pick-me-up when I was feeling down. I'm not sure what category it falls in, but I hope it can helpful to others.

"

It seems that we sometimes fear the things that are bigger than ourselves. Not just physical, but monumental as well. When it comes to life and death, and religion and lack thereof, we block it out of our minds because it makes us uncomfortable. Well, you don’t have to be uncomfortable. I believe some things were created for exploration, and for finding a higher purpose. Some things were created for us to see the faults in others, and more often within ourselves. But being afraid will not help anyone. It tarnishes our spirit and traps us within the bubble called humanity. But what if we were more than mere humans? What if we were more than the man, woman, or other that lives their life feeling “comfortable” or “content,” but never really fully “satisfied?”

I want to feel satisfied, and I want that understanding that connects so many others to the universe. I want to mean something and feel useful when the world starts falling apart. I want to escape humanity. I want freedom and knowledge to protrude from my skin, causing earthquakes and volcanoes to erupt. I want mind mending powers that escape from my tongue, sending healing throughout the nation. I want fear to be afraid of me. I want hatred and injustice to wallow in shame, because I am now strong their presence. I will shape my life to be flowered, show beauty, and give song that flows deep through the oceans. I want peace to engulf my anxiety, and I want joy to destroy my depression. I want to be a monument in myself, and I want the world to follow in my footsteps. 

© 2018 youngpoet98


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on January 14, 2018
Last Updated on January 14, 2018
Tags: other, earth, world, power, faith, confidence, calling, higher, depression

Author

youngpoet98
youngpoet98

whites creek, TN



About
My name is Kayla and I enjoy all things creative. I usually write poems and stories though. I recently started college and I am still not sure what I want to do yet. Right now, all I know is that I wa.. more..

Writing