Death

Death

A Story by Kobe Mitchell
"

Murder drabble

"
The man walked out of the large office building with his briefcase in one hand and his grey suit jacket slung carelessly over his shoulder. His tie hung loosely from his neck as he approached his black BMW. It was Friday night and he was heading home, on time, to his wife and children. As he tossed his case and jacket on to the passenger seat he heard someone come up behind him and felt a cold metal cylinder pressed into the back of his head. Before he could say anything to his assailant the world went black and with a spray of red across the roof of the BMW he fell to the ground, unmoving.

She awoke with a start at the banging on the front door. If he kept this up her husband would wake the children �" again. Having most likely left his keys at the office after a long night he had once again missed dinner and left all the parenting duties to her. As she sleepily approached the front door she braced herself to give him a proper earful. Her hand turned the doorknob and she swung the door open violently with a scowl painted on her face to reveal two solemn looking police officers. Her heart sank as her brain jumped to the inevitable conclusion �" her John was dead.

© 2014 Kobe Mitchell


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
Added on June 29, 2014
Last Updated on June 29, 2014
Tags: Murder, Death, Gun, Gunshot, Bullet

Author

Kobe Mitchell
Kobe Mitchell

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia



About
Originally from Newcastle, NSW, Australia, I am a graduate of Newcastle University where I studied modern history and politics. Currently I am studying creative writing through Griffith University. I .. more..

Writing
Sunshine Sunshine

A Story by Kobe Mitchell