The Fool

The Fool

A Poem by L Gracchus

That look,
That touch,
That kiss,
All the same.
 
Your smile,
Your words,
Your whisper,
All identical.
 
So what is real?
So what is fake?
Who's being played for a fool?
I bet it's me.

© 2009 L Gracchus


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think this poem can remind us how we really don't know things yet foolishly think that we do. Conversely, it also alludes to an adventure, to find out if our assumptions, our perceptions are actually spot on or if there's something more; sometimes life necessitates a foolish approach. Sure, one could turn out to be the fool but I think the situation ends up being more of a two-way street making the other person just as foolish. I think it's a great poem that was almost leading me to ramble and rave, thank goodness for self-control! :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


There is a lot of doubt being said here in this piece.. Identical to what I wonder? Identical to others in the past? Identical to the ones in the other's past and not unique in this relationship? Is the cloud of past relationships hovering over this new one? Questions that roll through the brain from past experiences.. Filters caused by pains of the past... Yes, one could be the fool.. but then there could be a very good chance too... that both in the relationship could be foolish together.. and happy? :)

Hmmm.. your write inspired alot of questions in me tonight... lol. But back tohe piece.. It is a genuine heartfelt write that many could read and understand... as many of us has stood upon the same spot and pondered the same questions.. thank you for sharing your ink with us.. it was a very good write!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 15, 2009

Author

L Gracchus
L Gracchus

AL



About
I'm an uninhibited girl who is willing to ask the dumb questions that everyone wants answered but are afraid to ask. I only know two languages: English and sarcasm. I like to surround myself with peop.. more..

Writing