Izzy

Izzy

A Story by RachelReaper
"

Meow Meow Meow!

"

Izzy

   Though my allergy to cats has made me despise most of them, there is one cat on Earth that I can tolerate. Her name is Isabelle, or Izzy, for short.

   My animal-loving aunt Victoria adopted Izzy five years ago, when she was just a little kitten clawing at the small Pet Smart cage. Victoria instantly fell in love with Izzy's black and grey stripes, white paws that look like mittens, tiny pink nose, and piercing green eyes. Even with my disliking for cats, Izzy is okay. For a feline.

   Now that I've just seen Izzy again for the first time in two years, I think I have a new found respect for her. She's strong, and a true predator at heart. I can see it in when she pounces onto her seat in front of the kitchen window, flicking her tail back and forth. And if disdainful cats can portray emotion, Izzy can. She wants to be outside more than anything.

   Her eyes search the backyard for mice, squirrels, chipmunks, and birds, and as soon as she does spot one, I can tell by her stance that she is thoroughly irritated that all that separates her from the wild kingdom of her dreams is a thin sheet of glass. So simple, but also unbreakable.

   She sticks her nose up to being petted, and she hates to be cuddled. She doesn't want to drink filtered water out of a dish or eat dry, processed food, or be kept in a safe, cozy house. She longs to hunt, to dig her claws into her prey's flesh. She wants to live in a new domain where Danger is king and Wilderness is his queen.

   So I don't disturb Izzy, and she leaves me alone, as well. However, I do have respect for her. And ironically enough, I think I'm the only one that understands her.

 

  

 

© 2012 RachelReaper


Author's Note

RachelReaper
On my way to my vaca in Fl a little while ago, we stopped at my aunt Vicky's house so I wrote this short story on her cat. Whatcha thinks?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was great. Like always, your way with details is amazing! I wish I could write like that. Great job! :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


RachelReaper

10 Years Ago

thank you Dark Rider :)
Dark Rider

10 Years Ago

You're welcome!
Cute!! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is really sweet and this is kinda the stuff thaat makes me happy...you know when all the other of the species seems horrible but there is only one that makes a spot in one's heart...it kinda seeming like true feelingss for me...really great job reaper:-):-):-D.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Your write demonstrates a keen understanding of the wild (or would be wild) cat's mind. Very well done! I had a huntress once, and you nailed it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I think its adorable lol

Posted 11 Years Ago


RachelReaper

11 Years Ago

:) shmanks :)
Its really good. I love cats as well but we don't have one because we don't know if anyone is allergic to cats.
I love the story though. Very realistic!
100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
another cute lovable story...i like this...i have cats and all are them came from somewhere in our neighborhood somewhat a stray cat then becomes domesticated because we adopted it... until then it remain in our home..generation after generation of her children....sad thing though.. there is only one that survive till now..and its a male and the last i guess...
great write...somehow it hit home...on the spot...

Posted 11 Years Ago


RachelReaper

11 Years Ago

glad you could relate to it :)
Wild cat indeed descriptive lovely write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like the way you describe the "wild" side of Izzy . . .

Posted 11 Years Ago


RachelReaper

11 Years Ago

yup, that's house cats for ya :)
That's Position is not present only cat,i think it's also present to everybody...Nice

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

644 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 15, 2012
Last Updated on September 15, 2012

Author

RachelReaper
RachelReaper

About
Hey!!!!! My name is Rachel, and my unofficial last name is Reaper. I am 14 years old. Blood and kisses to all who review my work, I appreciate it so much and couldn't express to you how much it means .. more..

Writing
Runaway Runaway

A Poem by RachelReaper



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..