Rest In Peace Good Friend

Rest In Peace Good Friend

A Poem by LivingDeath
"

My friend just died recently from drowning in a local lake. He was an amazing guy, just finished school and was about to start on his journey after this summer, but died before he got a chance.

"
In the depths of darkness
you touched the hand of God,
swam towards the light
but left us in the fog.

We miss you more then words can say
and more then we can show,
so we place these roses on your grave
and just want you to know.

You may be gone but you'll never leave
our minds and saddened hearts,
with the memories of the times that passed 
you will never be forgot.

You were still young
still just a teen,
just finished school
and the high school team.

I will never forget 
the games you played,
your grass stained jersey
from the tackles made.

I wish I could of said goodbye 
I wish I could of helped,
you drowned right there in a lake I swam 
Rest In Peace my good, good friend.

© 2010 LivingDeath


Author's Note

LivingDeath
Please no bad comments, I'm having a tough enough time with this to begin with.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

my condolences. i am sorry to hear this has happened. you wrote the poem beautifully and it was well-expressed. i am sure your friend would have been proud to read something like this. my prayers go out to you! i know loss can be REALLY hard and you never truly get over it completely. I mean, who does? but try to focus on the good things about your friend. think of the good memories and just take a day of your life and sit in your bed and let it all flow out in tears, thoughts, whatever. trust me, you'll get so sick of crying that you'll eventually move on and yet, still have him in your heart. but again, my condolences. may he be with God looking over you. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Im so sorry for the loss. But yknow, I bet this boy would have wanted you all to keep smiling and laughing even though he's not there. He wouldn't have wanted to be a burden to you. And as you stated in the first stanze, he's with God now, so it's all good. Take a deep breath and try to start again, okay? Best of luck to you. Again, I'm sorry for the loss. Great write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I'm truly sorry you had to experience such a devastating loss. But, this piece most definitely beautifully represents your friendship. It flows beautifully and truly honors him.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I'm so sorry for your loss. You have a well written poem in honor of your good good friend.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Aww :(...I know this doesn't help, but I am truly sorry it happened.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

awwwww i wish i could help :(
sorry
but a wonderful poem
you'll both be in my prayers I am sure hes in a better place with the lord of light

Posted 13 Years Ago


so, so touching and sad work, even the most stone-hearted would break down at this. we're all so sorry for your loss. brilliant work

Posted 13 Years Ago


I'm sorry for your loss.

This is a beautiful poem - especially at the beginning -

Posted 13 Years Ago


I feel bad for you too. I know how bad you feel because I lost a friend before high school. Well the summer before my freshmen year. Now I am a senior and it's been almost four years. He died July 25th, 2007. We had just graduated from eighth grade. After that I wasn't able to fall asleep for days. My yearbook from that year I am never able to look in. I cry whenever I see what he wrote in my yearbook. He was such a comical guy and I know how you feel. It is four days from his loss and I am getting upset now, but I have to be strong. I know how you feel. That is something that you can never get over. It is hard and I know that....looking back your friend would never want you beat yourself up. I never got to say goodbye to Cory either. I'm so very sorry...

Posted 13 Years Ago


RIP! I am soo sorry!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Beautiful poem...very touching and sad. I am sorry about the loss of your friend, but this poem genuinely speaks of your feelings for your friend. Very nicely expressed. People stay alive in our hearts through the memories that we have.

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

6064 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on July 19, 2010
Last Updated on July 19, 2010

Author

LivingDeath
LivingDeath

Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada



About
"I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not." ~Kurt Cobain. Wasssup guys! I am me, if you want my name, ask me for it. Life in every breath, is my motto. 22 years old, living .. more..

Writing
Stardust Stardust

A Poem by LivingDeath



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


By Her Self By Her Self

A Poem by Brandon


The Deed The Deed

A Poem by snapstache