Domestic Abuse.

Domestic Abuse.

A Poem by Mercury Mirrors

 

Tempers are jumping like sparks in a fire.
I call you a cheater, you call me a liar.
Teeth gnash.
Plates crash.
Broken glass.
“Kiss my a*s!”
 
The neighbors are calling the police again.
They catch me about to stab you with a pen.
Eyes glare.
Pulled hair.
“Stop right there!”
You don’t care…

© 2008 Mercury Mirrors


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this poem alot, its short and to the point, its show and not tell, Having been through domestic abuse myself I could relate to this poem, I like the style you have used to.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Every point made here is the absolute truth with what goes on in a typical domestic situation. The rhyme is nicely done. Short and concise.

Posted 15 Years Ago


The love the tone and the pace of this. It really brings you into the experience and takes you on a ride with it.

Best,
Lee

Posted 15 Years Ago


I really like this and so true hugs gf

Posted 15 Years Ago


It sounds to me like a call for help, laid out clearly through your poem. If that is the case I hope you do seek aid, if not, please forgive my assumption. Your writing is raw, poignant and direct, keep at it, you are obviously very talented.


Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 1, 2008
Last Updated on October 6, 2008

Author

Mercury Mirrors
Mercury Mirrors

Pensacola, FL



About
Okay, for lack of time, (and most of all for the sake of nostalgia for my angsty and self-absorbed teenage years), I have ripped one of those ancient myspace surveys from the forgotten planes of the i.. more..

Writing
ily. ily.

A Poem by Mercury Mirrors