Unfavorable Politics 101

Unfavorable Politics 101

A Story by Logan Carryall
"

This is how the ship goes down.

"

 

The National Direction.

             I am going to go out on a limb and say that the government is not your friend. The government is alive. The government needs things to survive. The government watches for its own special interest with opportunities to make money. Money is power. The government wishes to gain political job security from its opponents. The government desires power to secure both of these facets—that is with money, which is the ability to continue making it. That’s the government. That’s what it wants. That’s what it needs. And to imagine, for a moment, that these two points are not always on the forefront of our political leaders thoughts is to be foolish. Your government would prefer you to be foolish. Foolishness secures votes.

            You are not on a list, with your likes and dislikes, wither you were naughty or nice, on the desk of your elected officials. You are however on a list, statistically oriented, with generalities defining you, on how you take your taxes. How much money you are allowed to make based on your ethnicity and education. How your skin color affects your neighbors, and how your taxes affect your skin color. On how often you claim a national mantra—on what party you are registered. Be that the mantra of “change, change, change”. Be that the mantra of “global warming”. Be that the mantra of “universal health care”. If you agree with these points you are held in a high regard—a true loyalist. You support your media. You support your commercials. You support the idea that those points constitute as the ‘ideas’ to be focused on. You support your community. You support your government (although most believe they fight it, by hating Bush, who they are told to hate). And if you manage to dodge all these points, you are a rebel. You are a rebel and a fighter. And you are ignorant, because certainly your media knows what’s best. And certainly without the media how can one consider themselves to be informed?

            The government is afraid of bees. These are the things that set them back. These are the things that sting. It’s whatever causes the buzz. And your wise leaders have thought long and hard about what sets off a group of comfortable, often docile, American-bees, er uh citizens. They keep records on what causes a riot, or a low voter turnout.  They keep an eye on how well read the masses are—so as to measure how much s**t they can throw. They worry about how clear they are. On how ‘fair’ they are considered. They wish to be seen for something they are not. They wish to be seen as freedom fighters, so to be ironic. And a way to do this is to give the American people pause. They need to slow Americans to a stop, so as they can show us the green light. The black and white conflict is a good pause—a good fake prop, with all the earmarks of a scarecrow. Black and white can set off any black and or white man, with every shade in between. And what your government will do, because of this, is support the groups that continue to separate. They support those that continually define the groups as “different”, for whatever reason. They fear racism so openly that one might believe it is stronger than ever. They hand money to ones whose first observation is your skin and their second are your pockets. The ones that don’t care about your philosophy or ideals. The ones that only want to catch a bad, cooked up, white, officer in a bathroom without a warrant—the ones that will push for that to happen. The ones that will support a drug dealer because he is black or support a white cop because he is white. Both were on drugs. The ones that tell everyone it was racist and not drug related. The ones that tell everyone that everyone is racist. That white is wrong and black needs a helping hand. Somehow we are accountable for something outside of our own control. Somehow this philosophy is decent. And for some reason people worry about it.

 

The worry makes it real.

 

            There has never been a true philosophy of equality used. Not one of those “We both have the same potentials. We both hold our own futures.” Instead the government decides on the practice of fairness. The government will actually claim that a black individual is owed more due to his ancestor and his neighborhood. Most Americans have a long history of their own, with their own mars and their own persecutors. If you are not blind about this you may notice all kinds of oppressed people. I.e. Jews. I.e. Irish. I.e. Bosnian. All kinds of white on white hate crimes. All kinds of white people holding back white people. This aspect of the philosophy is intentionally blind-sighted as white pandering. “Keeping white up and black down…” Sure white people have it easy. They aren’t like black people. And that is what we are told to believe. That is what we are told is truth. And surely, we can keep the dogs barking at one another long enough to let government take the house. We can make anything into racism, like shouting ‘communist’ under McCarthy. 

 

Surely this skin color item isn’t just a tool to keep emotions in line.

 

Surely it doesn’t hold us back.

 

            But perhaps that is not all the government has to offer. No, why, beyond all the skin problems the government encourages, there also is an impending disaster. Impending disaster usually keeps people wary. Keeps people scared. Keeping people paying towards a solution that isn’t spelled out. One thing already expressed towards, are soon to be former, president Bush(in regards to Iraq). What is this new disaster? What solution do the masses pay towards, yet again, without seeing how to measure any success? Just the single, largest, unseen and unmeasured monster mankind has every thought up:  Global Warming.

 

Sure we can’t ‘prove’ it, if that’s what you’re thinking.

 

Sure we can’t ‘show’ it to you, or tell you how things are gona go down.

 

Sure we can’t ‘agree’ really.

 

If it’s too hot, it’s global warming

 

If it’s too cold, it’s global warming.

 

And sure, we spend only one billion tax dollars on it annually.

 

And yes, that is your money.

 

Just being used for your own good, because our future is written…..

           Because it gets hotter and hotter until earth becomes hell. All pretty things will burn up. Fire and the brimstone and all the religious fanaticism we have all come to expect from humanity. The interesting part of this is that those who support Global Warming often condemn religion. They often condemn pre-emptive strikes. Irony being wasted on the zealot.

 

And it is time for a little story:

 

           Long ago, in a land called Europe, there was religion who ruled the land. It told people how to live their lives. This went on for a long time, and the people were intentionally encouraged not to read. Then, like a flash, came science, and religion got mad, because science could prove things. Science was excited about educating people. Science had tools used to measure things. That was, in fact, all it ever tried to do. For the first time we could safely say we humans knew something as “fact”. We had ways of testing things. We had ways of formulating how things actually worked. That is called the scientific method. And religion seemed to fall flat, and science took the lead towards the future—racing onwards for many, many, years.

Then came the day when science wasn’t asked to prove anything anymore. It was having a good time proving things, but was asked to stop. It was only asked to believe in things, just like religion did. Science didn’t feel comfortable about this, but their generous governments paid them handsomely to do just that. They were encouraged to act as if they did have facts. They were taught by those in charge how to say something as fact, yet not swearing to it. They were encouraged to think in gray areas. They replaced the word ‘fact’ with the word ‘truth’. A large group of scientist decided that they could believe in things, they could believe in the new ‘truth’, and no longer had to prove things, while they sat on their islands drinking. And so global warming was born. The inconvenient ‘truth’. And so the government had a crisis to throw money at. Not their money, yet the people’s money—directing it towards technology and ‘carbon off-sets’. The re-allotment of funds through lies—a special taste of fascism. And so humanity had changed so cleverly, so beautifully, into something it had already been but with brand new names. Instead of ignorant zealot we call them activist.  Instead of money laundering we are just paying towards paradise—as religion had built its church of gold for the people’s sin, out the people’s pocket.

          

           And we have what we have: And on to America.

          

           Sometimes there was not enough buzz in America to keep things intresting enough to change. The government, like most people, found itself to be dissatisfied with how much power it actually had. Under democracy, government was very limited. For many years the only promise of power was a limited term with limited funds to control. Therefore all the government had to work for was the "pause" to start fear, and promise to instill a change. And because it is America, the government could not own private markets. The government still could not stay in power indefinetly. People owned business, not government. This made the government angry. There was lots of money to be gotten, yet no way to control the industry without setting off alarms. People would become upset at a government that took over business. Then, after a limited term, the officials might loose their position--eeep!! Yet the government saw a new plan. It decided that through its mouth, the media, it would tell the people who was responsible for all the pains they had experienced. The government realized that most people felt dissatisfied, as they did. The government only had to point a finger and a mob would form. And all the misfortune of a person’s life could easily be directed to one singular group. Many leaders have done this in history. The government only needed to choose the goat. They told the people it was business.

People became very upset with business, wondering why business would be so greedy. They wondered why business would not only refuse them work but also steal their deserved money. They wondered how fair it was that some people made more than other people. The government told the people not to worry. They told the people that they would straighten it out, through taxes, of course.

           But the people were still upset. Although the government was taxing the businesses harshly things were getting worse. The businesses were leaving. The businesses were moving to new locations where the government couldn’t get to their money. But when the businesses moved, the people lost their jobs. Many people who still worked at a business lost their medical coverage due to the heavy tax burden. So, many people were unemployed. And many other people lost their coverage. The government told the people how sorry it was for them. It told the people that the businesses really had done it this time. And now the government offered a new solution that somehow seemed familiar. More taxes.

People seemed slightly jaded, yet agreed that something needed to be done. Someone needed to be punished, so as to have revenge. And so the government laid down higher taxes, and more businesses left the country.

          

At this point the government gave out tax cuts to ease some tension.

 

          The government told everyone that the tax cuts had ruined the economy, and promised that it would never happen again. Although the people did not see the problem with having their own money returned to them, the government warned them of the impending doom, and they quickly apologized for their greed. The people wondered why things that didn't seem to make sense, in fact did make sense. People distrusted their understanding of the economey. The government assured them that it was far too complicated. The people were glad that the government was watching out for them.

Global warming was looming it’s ugly, invisible, head. And gas prices had been growing higher and higher. The government’s strategy to tax gas higher, at 37% tax, while the buisness only collected 8% income, due to global warming, seemed to hurt their people. The government told the people that they knew who was to blame, and they quickly ordered a court hearing on the oil businesses. They told the oil businesses to cut the price. They told them that they also could not expand their business to do so.

       

The media told the people the buisness had refused them!! From Greed!!

 

The government resolved that the oil business was incompetent. They offered to take over the business, and did so. That offer was surprisingly non-negotiable. The government promised to reduce the gas cost, yet the price only seemed to rise. People complained, but the underlying hope of the nation kept people "looking ahead" as they had been instructed. The government simply told the people that it knew what was best. And everything will be paradise tommorow. Just wait untill tommorow.

 

The oil business no longer existed. There was no longer competition.

 

But for some time a few other industries still ran free.

 

          Certain business had more money than other business, for not all business was forced to move and downsize. Some business beat the odds and survived. Some business was a necessity for families. One of the largest of these businesses was health care. Health care was no longer an option for the people, and the people needed it. People were getting sick, and their jobs couldn't help! Unfortunately business was so heavily taxed and zoned that no business could afford to offer it. No buisness could swing expensive contracts. Buisnesses, too, lived in fear. The government told the people that it was time to have new jobs. They told the people that they understood. The government told the people it was time to have medical coverage. They told the people that disease was everywhere—and was mainly coming in from overseas. They told the people that they would soon, for them, be taking over health care momentarily—for they knew best where disease and jobs existed. They would simply jump start the buisness as they had done with oil. They always seemed to know what was best.

 

The people, in apathy, simply nodded their heads, hoping for a better promise.

 

          After health care was taken, it surprisingly wasn't given back. Although that was the promise, it seemed to be meaningless once the government was being paid so handsomley. Suddenly new jobs WERE made. Government Jobs. New programs did CHANGE... how funds were made and circulated. A program that made all wealth come through the government began. It was a way for the government to decide on who deserved it. In the new jobs, with the new change, all private businesses was temporarilt taken over, without any competition, without any chance of winning. The government truly understood the ideas of fairness. The government truly understood the markets. The government, after a few trial runs in the oil market, and the health market, had decided it was very good at its new role--now controlling such a vast share of the peoples life. The dispensing of wealth and services at their own expense.

 

All major media spoke fondly of the new reign. It spoke of how American the monarchy truly was!

 

           But, of course, this was a very American thing to do, somehow, because it was for Americans. For: Americans, means...Americans? Somehow people nodded their heads. And for some reason Americans couldn’t remember what a philosophy was. Or what a ‘plan’ was. Or what the word 'private' meant. It seemed to be a forgotten way of thinking. And of course it was not encouraged. There was no philosophy involved, and there were no “best product” kinds of thought. No growth. No factual education, without government cooperation. All for the citizen, we can rest assured!! So at one time there were large amounts of business filled with American citizens making their own money, and then there was a large takeover of business by the government, who then controlled their own money. The private citizen who ran those businesses had made too much money, the media assured the public. "Don't feel bad for those greedy men..." And no American felt right watching anyone make more than them. Except their government, who held all the money, who only looked out for them. It was ok if their government held all wealth and didn't report its earnings. It only wanted what was best for the citizen. At all times. Always. And from then on, to forever.

 

For some reason, no one would ever see a CHANGE again.

                So when America is lost to socialism, how will we say it happened?

© 2008 Logan Carryall


Author's Note

Logan Carryall
Socialism = Fascism = Genocide

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

NOTES:

1) i don't think you have a good grasp of what fascism is. no offense.

2) that was so last season? well! then THIS rebels gonna go vote for THE MAVERICK now.

3) sigh. goddamn it, brendan, GLOBAL. WARMING. have you checked out alex jones yet?

4) i enjoyed that little science fable.

5) at what point of this story did you start incorporating the fiction? i was just curious if we would pinpoint it at the same spot...

6) enjoyable little rant here, for the most part.

7) "poli. tics.
poli - meaning many
tics - meaning blood sucking creatures"

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

235 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 29, 2008
Last Updated on August 15, 2008

Author

Logan Carryall
Logan Carryall

Upstate, NY



About
Logan Carryall is a young man who lives in the apple orchards of New York, New York. About ten minuets from the Hudson River, Logan drinks near barges and trains. The world seems much bigger without a.. more..

Writing