Forbidden Love: Jake's Story

Forbidden Love: Jake's Story

A Story by Kyle
"

A story about a man, who loves a women he can never have. This is from Jake's perspective, and I might try and write one from Emily's down the road.

"
Have you ever loved someone you could not have? Well, if so you might just find yourself in Jake's shoes. You see, Jake grew up loving a girl that he knew he could never have. Yet, he never really knew how to move on to someone else. He was good friends with Emily and their friendship blossomed during their years in high school. In fact, they could easily be mistakened for brother and sister. Jake and Emily were inseparable, and they were with each other through the bad times as well as the good times. Jake never really could say how he felt about Emily. He knew he loved her, yet deep down he was not sure what it all meant. No one in school could ever see them being a couple, some people thought it was kinda weird; the idea of them being in a relationship. Hell, some of the kids in high school thought they were in fact brother and sister. Jake loved Emily, and Emily loved Jake; yet none of them knew what kind of love it was. Love, as in family? Or, love as in boyfriend/girlfriend.

As Jake became a Sophomore, a few girls tried to get his attention. None of them were successful, some people would insult Jake in the hallways calling him "gay" because he had turned down some of the prettiest girls in the school. Jake was still confused about his own feelings. He knew he was not gay, he did in fact love a girl. He loved Emily, everything about her made him feel positive about life. However, he knew he had crashed hard into the friendship zone. In fact, it was like he had crashed into the "family" zone. Emily and Jake were so close, and he knew it would be awkward if he asked Emily out on a real date. They had hung out, and did things together but it was never a date type of thing. They were indeed as close as brother and sister, and he wandered how she felt about him. Did she ever have thoughts of dating him? He wanted to ask her so bad, yet knew it might ruin their entire friendship.

Jake was in the locker room after the cross country meet had finished. He was now a junior in high school. He was exhausted about the race, and was getting ready to call Emily to see what she thought about his performance. He had not seen her at the meet, but she always attended them so he knew she had been there. His teammate and best friend Matt came in and congratulated him on the race. Jake asked Matt if he had seen Emily anywhere at the race. Matt told Jake that he saw Emily get in the car with Blake after school, and that they had left before the race. Blake was the running back for the high school, and was known around the halls as being more then a football player, he was indeed a player.  Matt could tell Jake was upset so he told him to hang in there, Matt was like most of Jake's peers. They knew how Jake really felt about Emily, long before Jake knew himself.

It was senior year of high school, and Emily and Blake had grew inseparable. Jake still kicked himself for never taking the chance and telling Emily how he really felt about their friendship. A new girl at school, tried to win Jake's heart. The girls at school knew she stood no chance. She would talk to Jake in the halls, and in the parking lot at school. Jake thought she was a nice girl but he still had one girl who was always in his thoughts. In class, he would zone out and think about Emily. He would drive down the road and hear a song that reminded him of Emily. She was all he could think of, Emily; he loved her. They were still best friends and people would joke that he was Emily's "gay" best friend. He loved her, always would. He tried to tell himself that he loved her like a sister, yet that never worked. He knew deep down how he really felt, and he knew he had took too long to figure that out. Jake tried to give the new girl at school some attention. They even went on a date, and he could tell the girl was really falling for him. After the fourth date, they stood on her doorstep and as he was about to bid her goodnight, she kissed him.

That night, he laid awake in bed. He kept thinking about that kiss, and how at the moment of their first kiss, he had Emily in his head. She haunted him in his dreams, his ever waking moments. He also knew that he was being unfair to Sarah, the girl he had just kissed. She was falling for him, and he needed this to end before she became head over heels in love with him like he had for Emily. He talked to Sarah the next day after school, and he ended it. He hated himself for doing that to her, but he just could not get over Emily.

Fast forward three years later, and Jake and Emily are still best friends, yet they are now starting to drift apart. Jake still has not been able to rid his heart of Emily, she owned it 100 percent. The phone rang, and Jake went to answer it. It was Emily, the girl he had loved for so many years, years he wish he had back. He would never forget this day, because it was the day that Emily informed her best friend that she was going to marry Blake. Emily asked that her best friend of 8 years be at the wedding to support her. He told her he would be by her side through it all, and that she would count on him to be there.

It was the wedding day, and Jake was in the crowd as the future bride and groom walked down that isle. As she passed him, he thought about how it should have been him with her. He should have been the one to marry Emily on this day! He thought about telling her what he really felt before the "I do's". However, he loved her too damn much to ruin this day for her. That was his problem, he loved her too much! Emily and Blake said "I do" and the preacher announced them to the crowd as Mr and Mrs Blake Michaels. Jake hurt so much inside, and he tried to be happy for the person who was always there for him.

A few nights later, Jake was in bed studying for his final exam when the phone rang. It was Emily, and they talked like they had always talked. Since Emily and Blake had became a couple, there talks were less and less, but they still talked like they had back in the high school days. Jake decided it was time to let Emily in on the secret he had held in for so long. He told Emily how he had really felt after all of these years, and that he still hoped they could be friends. Jake knew she really loved Blake but he needed to get this weight lifted off of his chest. However, Emily fired back with a bullet that really hurt. She told him that back in high school she felt the same, and that she did not want to make things weird between them so she kept that to herself. Jake really wished that she had not told him that. He could have lived without knowing that because it made it worse on him for not telling her the truth about how he felt so long ago. After they finished talking, they promised each other to always be there for each other; like family.

Jake hung up the phone. He loved Emily, and she loved him. However, because he had made the mistake of waiting, Emily could never be his. Emily would always be his forbidden love. Jake would have to live with this pain for the rest of his life. He would never be over Emily.


© 2010 Kyle


Author's Note

Kyle
Okay, I'm really tired and I should not post it yet since there are some errors but I am going to anyways. I'll prob re-edit this in a few days

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

252 Views
Added on June 27, 2010
Last Updated on June 27, 2010
Tags: love, romance, forbidden love

Author

Kyle
Kyle

Huntington, WV



About
Kyle. 27. Ohio University C/O 2012. Married to my lovely wife, Carolyn. more..

Writing
Refuge Refuge

A Poem by Kyle