The Observer

The Observer

A Poem by Lauren94

The Observer stands on the platform It's a dreary December morning. The winter wind seeps through his bones and the harder that he tries the more he fails to conform to a society that's always left him cold.
The strangers to his left talk loudly about the latest news events, to his right are the upper class with their newspapers, their ego's simply pretense. For they do not see what the observer see's.
He see's beauty in the withered tree's, he feels the embrace of the scattered leaves. He could drop down to his knees and scream at the heavens above, he could explode with unconditional love, and still he would feel shunned. 
The material world does simply not suit his needs. For they will never see what the observer see's.

© 2016 Lauren94


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A amazing use of words and thoughts.
"He see's beauty in the withered tree's, he feels the embrace of the scattered leaves. He could drop down to his knees and scream at the heavens above, he could explode with unconditional love, and still he would feel shunned. "
I like the realistic feel of the words above. Good to be a observer and be able to write down the thoughts and places to paper and memory. Thank you Lorenzo for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote



Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

257 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 29, 2016
Last Updated on September 29, 2016

Author

Lauren94
Lauren94

Liverpool, North West, United Kingdom



Writing