Rhyme?

Rhyme?

A Poem by NyanMeow
"

I Can't Even Rhyme...

"
My heart is hurting
I can't even rhyme.

Did I misunderstand?
Did you stop caring?
Did you ever at all?

I'm so full of anger 
I can't even rhyme.

I wasted my time.
I wasted my hope.
I wasted my love.

The pain is too much
Why can't I rhyme?

If only you'd come back.
If only time could reverse.
If only...

but...

then again...

Roses are red
violets are blue...
and so it seems, I'm through with you.

© 2011 NyanMeow


Author's Note

NyanMeow
Sounds more like a break-up poem, but really about a broken friendship.

I'm not sure if my point got across right, you'd probably have to know me as a writer and kno I usually rhyme in my poems.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a great poem Mandeline. You don't have to force things to rhyme to construct excellent poems. I think it should be more about the emotions and experiences that you are conveying to your reader. You demonstrate this so well. I didn't feel like it sounds like a break-up poem. I felt its more about a message of a broken friendship that you are really hurt by.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Personally, too many poets try to force things to rhyme, when they write, which leaves the readers with a very stilted verse to read. Mandeline, as you have proven, you don't need to rhyme, to have an expressive poem.

In many ways, a broken friendship is a break-up between two people, who once where were close. The pain, is the same just we give it a different title. Hoping in writing this verse, you are finding a constructive outlet for your pain and anger.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think you do see that you are not rhyming, the repeated use of the word was a really good way of emphasing that. It felt a little angry and hurt, and now that i know its about a broken friendship it shows in your righting. The pain you feel at the loss of a friend is a big one, and one that only heals with time and understanding.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

448 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 9, 2011
Last Updated on February 9, 2011
Tags: anger, heartbreak, rhyming

Author

NyanMeow
NyanMeow

About
I'm still just a dabbler in writing. I hope that changes. For now, I have a "day-job" in marketing, waiting for the day writing becomes something that sustains more then just my outlet for my strange .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..