Reality

Reality

A Story by Michelle Tarnowski
"

An observation of the moment of reality and created reality.

"

The sun has set but traces of color edge the sky. Its perfection doesn’t seem real but the chill air and night insects tell me otherwise. Without words they say “yes we are here.” I know this is true because I can feel them around me, the cool breeze sweet with the lingering scent of heliotrope and honeysuckle touches my skin and the occasional bite from a brave mosquito willing to gain one last scarlet meal before discovering it’s final fate. I can see the stars shining and almost hear the eternal song they seem to sing to the universe. These things are real but in another world reality is imagined….or is imagination perceived to be real? Words sent on the wind but never heard are cleverly contrived to convey our thoughts, eyes that should reflect our unspoken emotions are seen but never gazed into. In a distance great with no space in-between we are connected by key boards, networks, and monitors. Where we can say anything, and be anything in a created state of existence. Our safety nets are called delete, block, and disconnect they don’t hurt much, maybe not at all. For some a little time and they start again, new face, new name, new game. Who are they today? Where does it end and what have we lost? God has placed in our hearts the need to love and be loved. With all the turmoil and risk that goes with it, there is no substitute.

© 2008 Michelle Tarnowski


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

As I read this story your descriptions of things are so precise and clear!
I could feel the breeze and smell the honey suckle.
Very good writting!
I truly enjoyed your story!
Good luck with your future artistic works!
TIM

Posted 15 Years Ago


Your message is so true, and it's so easy to understand what you are trying to say. I love the way you used very vivid descriptions.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 3, 2008

Author

Michelle Tarnowski
Michelle Tarnowski

WA



About
I started writing when I took journalism and wrote for the college newspaper for a year. I loved it so much that the last quarter I took it without credit. My need to write comes and goes. When it is .. more..

Writing