Children's Park

Children's Park

A Poem by Dave

"Children's Park"

She took my hand and gave me the warmest of kisses and asked,

"Let's go to the Children's Park today, it's so sunny and beautiful

Such a sweet invitation, still dressed in our Sunday best, we went.

My arm fitted about her petite form I escorted Pam to the park.

Helter-skelter, children running about, laughing, screaming, full of joy,

She was delighted at the scenes playing out before the two of us.

"Tag, you're it" and she ran away.  "Come'on" she cried, "You're it!"

Chasing after her I caught her at the swings, she was sitting on one.

"Give me a push to get me started" she urged with a pout on her lips.

I touched her and said "You're it," "Of course" she replied, "now push."

In moments her pink dress was fluttering as she flew through the air.

Her long brown tresses trailing in a stream, her blue eyes sparkling.

Soaring so high, I was fearful she might fall, but she pleaded for more.

She asked me to quit at last, gradually the swing came to a stop and she

 rushed into my waiting arms, giving me another warm kiss, with urgency.

"There are too few children here" she said "let's do something about that."

© 2018 Dave


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

nothing beats the joy of children with all their innocence playing in the park.. brings back memories of happy childhood and those memories remain unforgotten because of its sweetness

Posted 5 Years Ago


What a lovely poem, it has such a warm feel about it and your final line took me by surprise, but in a most wonderful way. If this is a memory, then it is a very beautiful one. Well written Dave.

Chris

Posted 5 Years Ago


Young love, how beautifully expressed and felt. Made you reminisce about younger years. And those affectionate times. Of fun and laugher and childish new loves.

Posted 5 Years Ago


A wonderful poem shared Dave. I liked the place, the discussion and the ending. Thank you for sharing the outstanding poetry.
Coyote

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 13, 2018
Last Updated on August 13, 2018

Author

Dave
Dave

Bridgewater, NJ



About
David B. Pincus I am a retired teacher. I have taught in grades 5th-8th in New Jersey. I am married and have two grown daughters and four grandsons. I enjoy playing tennis and traveling. With m.. more..

Writing
Cabin on the Lake Cabin on the Lake

A Story by Dave


Swept Away Swept Away

A Poem by Dave