Cloudy Bliss

Cloudy Bliss

A Poem by Mark

 Lying upon the gentle grass looking up upon the cloudy faces starring back at me.

They hold expressions of curiosity and calm  monolithic magnificence.

I slowly fall asleep under the warm september sky as the caressing breeze blows across my face, a colourful autumn leaf landing on my chest.

The wind then blows a lullaby in the tree’s and the birds celebrate the glorious night with their cautious but exultant cries.

I’m now asleep with cloudy people watching over me and curious animals keeping their distance.

I dream of a world still wild but calm… no busy workers on early morning commutes, just the local ground hogs and bears of the rolling plains.

I wander through the tall grass and enjoy the sweeping winds playing the tops of the grass stalks.

My woes and worries of money and work fades into an ethereal joy and celebration of nature , free and at peace with my very soul....

soon to be softly awakened by a moth as if to say…… time to head back to reality 

© 2009 Mark


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Peace for a moment...
Very nice.
I love the visuals your provided in this.
Good write.

Alex

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is so surreal and the imagery is gorgeous
I like your take on things, its interesting:)
Great job!!!

-Heather:)

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like this.
Your description of the imagery is great and creates a really good mental picture.
Nicely done =]

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow, the imagery is absolutely beautiful. This is very beautiful, creative, and well done!

Posted 14 Years Ago


i really like this it's kinda deep and deff relatable

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

346 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 30, 2009
Last Updated on May 30, 2009

Author

Mark
Mark

Where ever my feet are.



About
I love the rain. Im an oldschool Romantic, paint you a picture, show up at your doorstep with flowers and a bowl of chicken soup when your sick, write you my love, trail a trail of rose petals to y.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..