Inhale and exhale

Inhale and exhale

A Story by Mirror
"

Just a little story that tries to send a warning about the sadistic circle of memories and the past affecting our present.

"
                   A man is smoking in front of the top window of a tall building, staring outside in a serious but calm way. He sees a teenager holding hands with apparently his girlfriend. Mumbling to each other and smiling, they reflect the rays of the sun. They are fond of each other. Every time she leans to observe a small animal or gets on toes to caress a leaf he adores her a little more. The man inhales and exhales. Lies the cigarette on the ashtray.
                  Close to the teenagers are two older guys talking passionately while they eat on a table. They are boisterous and they are careless inspiring an immeasurable joy. The sound of empty plates forcing their way one on top of the other. Wooden glasses filled with golden alcohol flying and crashing to each other from time to time.
The man inhales and exhales. Lies the cigarette on the ashtray.
                 Nearby there is a road with a motorcycle and two passengers. They feel the air flowing roughly on their faces while they ride on the mechanical horse. Speed and strength gets poured into their bodies making them feel restless and reckless. Their eyes observe the road from above offering them a different sensation of freedom. The man inhales and exhales. 
Lies the cigarette on the ashtray.
                At the center of it all, there is a ten-year-old boy. As soon as the man looks at him, the boy opens wildly his eyes and starts to scream loudly affecting his surroundings. The couple separates and the girl leaves with the shadow of another man while the teenager has blood exploding out of his chest. The two guys stop having fun, stand up and start walking opposite ways. After few steps, one of them has blood flowing out of his head. Couple of meters away, the motorcycle crushes and the two passengers fall. Only one stands up with blood pouring out of his arms and legs.
The man inhales and exhales. Lies the cigarette on the ashtray.
                The young child stops screaming. He looks ahead with no expression and starts walking toward the man's building. Step by step, the blood behind him disappears and he grows older. His legs guide him to the stairway, walking up, leaving behind both the stairs and his younger version of himself. He heads to the room on top. Facing the door, he is already a man. He enters. The room is empty. He takes a few steps and grabs the cigarette on the ashtray.
The man inhales and exhales. Lies the cigarette on the ashtray and looks outside. He sees a teenager holding hands with his girlfriend.

© 2016 Mirror


Author's Note

Mirror
The memories consist of the 3 types of pain one faces, as mirror explains in book Life - Chapter 11.
Feel free to review and thank you for your time.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

woah i dont know what too say, honestly that piece off writing was fantastic, it caused made me emotional, the characterization of the man is fantastic. I love the fact that you made the reader have to think about the meaning behind this writing. It almost reminds me of a poem in the fact that you can see the writers perspective and what they want the reader to take from this writing but also as the reader you can understand/ interpret it in a different way.


Posted 7 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Mirror

7 Years Ago

Thank you. Really glad It had this effect on you. :p



Reviews

It took me a couple of rereads to fully absorb the message, but once I did, was able to appreciate the thought behind it. Kudos. Perhaps your next step would be to convey such complicated thoughts at a first read itself.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Such a fascinating portrayal! This story presents an amazing medium through which one can look at his past. Endlessly deep, and the repetition was used to good effect.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mirror

7 Years Ago

Thank you^^

The repetition was risky but it felt proper.
woah i dont know what too say, honestly that piece off writing was fantastic, it caused made me emotional, the characterization of the man is fantastic. I love the fact that you made the reader have to think about the meaning behind this writing. It almost reminds me of a poem in the fact that you can see the writers perspective and what they want the reader to take from this writing but also as the reader you can understand/ interpret it in a different way.


Posted 7 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Mirror

7 Years Ago

Thank you. Really glad It had this effect on you. :p
my, you are good. At first I was confused , wondering where it was all going but now I get it and it is so realistically true. It's unfortunate how the man can't go down the stairs and gain what he lost on the way , isn't it? Awesome work by the way.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Mirror

7 Years Ago

Yes. I have a strong belief about purity. Once lost one cannot take it back, that is why it is repre.. read more
Awesome...the way u depicted the journey of that man is just superb..the way each period of the from his innocence till he stands there in his office is very nice..I can picture it in front of my eyes while reading..and also the way u used mechanical horse for a bike is very creative..the thought Oscar became true ....:):):):)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

horizon

7 Years Ago

Sorry..I didn't get what you said :|
Mirror

7 Years Ago

You are always too kind to me with your words^^
horizon

7 Years Ago

Okk like that..thank u :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

430 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 26, 2016
Last Updated on August 27, 2016

Author

Mirror
Mirror

Pescara, Pescara, Italy



About
"The artist is the creator of beautiful things." -Oscar Wilde Most of my words may not be beautiful but they will truly reflect the beauty I have seen and perceived during my everyday life. I .. more..

Writing
Secret room Secret room

A Story by Mirror


The Valkyries The Valkyries

A Story by Mirror