The Note

The Note

A Story by MellyBURSTOFbayum
"

Entering this in Ryan's Contest thingy ;]

"

This is going to be Eddie's point of veiw, so even if your a guy... w.e. ;]

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I came through the door to my room, and found a note, trying to squirm out of the window ledge. I curiously went over and caught the note before it could fly away. I went over to my bed and opened the note.
"Dear Eddie," The note began. "I have to tell you this before we say goodbye,"
"What?" I whispered to myself. "Since when was he moving away?" I kept on reading.
"The other day, before I met you at the tennis court, you saw me with this girl who was my ex. I think you took it the wrong way, I wasn't planning to cheat on you. She asked me for some pointers on mathematics.

"I heard that my ex told the whole school that we were back together, and I guess it came to you first. I saw how angry, and upset with me, and I couldn't bare to see that ever again. I know I've hurt you once, but this way, it'll be better. You will never see my disgusting face ever again, and I will never see you cry for me again,"
I broke into a rigged sob. I knew I was stupid to believe Sharon. I just knew it. 
My legs buckled, and I fell on the floor, sobbing as if I was going to sob until I die and rot here. 
"Hunny, are you okay!?" My mom asked worried, while hitting the door.
"GO AWAY!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. I kept on reading the note.
"So, this will be the last time you'll ever from me. I want to tell you 2 things. I'm really sorry, and also, I love you." At the end, I could see smudges he made. He broke his pen in two and it splattered all over the note. Half of the note was still damp from his tears.
 "Chris..." I whispered. Suddenly, everything else turned into a blur.

_------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's been five days, and all you see is Eddie dazed. She didn't speak. She didn't eat. Until...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I knew I couldn't go on any longer. I thought of an approach to face death. Death. A cold shiver went down my spine. I had to be brave. No one was as perfect as him. 
 I didn't want to take the knife or shooting approach, so I went with the hanging approach. I wrote a note to my parents.

"Dear mom and dad," I started. "I love you, but you should know that I cannot live without Chris. I just want to tell you that once you've seen me hanged, I would be in a happier place. A place where I can live with him.

Love,

         Eddie " 
I didn't have anymore tears to cry over. I folded the paper with no emotion whatsoever.

I went outside with a thick yellow rope, and hanged it over a tree. I stepped on the ladder where my dad left it and tied it into a thick knot and placed my throat on it. I slowly stepped off the ladder. I coughed and choked, hoping he would come back to life. The only thing I remember, was the note. Nothing else mattered to me anymore in this horrible world of jealousy, love, sadness, and happiness. Everything turned black. 

© 2008 MellyBURSTOFbayum


Author's Note

MellyBURSTOFbayum
Wonderful how people still forget.
Ignore the errors. K? Good.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

HOLY. o_o''

I didn't even know I wrote this ;O

Posted 15 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
JRB
this was thoughtful,
Jan/uisiom

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Brilliantly well written! Fierce and violent, yet raw and broken as well. Very nicely portrayed.

Thank you for submitting it to the contest!

v.r.
Ryan

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 16, 2008

Author

MellyBURSTOFbayum
MellyBURSTOFbayum

Toronto, ON., Shh, it's a secret :), Canada



About
I am Melissa. Yes, I am superior, and I'm lovable >;). I'm kind of disappointed in myself.. Can you believe? Likin someone for five years... and you were only thirteen! It's sort of pathetic of .. more..

Writing