Lesson 2-Creating a New World

Lesson 2-Creating a New World

A Chapter by Matthew Ian Herrawood W

Lesson 2

Creating a New World

 

A lot of people believe to create a world all you need is to throw together some random letters for a name and then that’s your new world and you can do that, but thinking more deeply about this world can give you a better story. When we talk about creating a world, it’s not just a name of a place that has magical people and animals living in it, it is a bit like creating a character. What lives in this world? What (if any) are the superstitions and history of this world? These are a couple of things that need to be thought about. They can make the story have so much more and make the world seem much more solid. Beliefs and superstitions can create problems and fix problems for the main characters. It can never hurt to have a rough sketch of the land with details at to where there are cites, a forest, or mountains. If you are saying your characters are traveling, and say they are heading east towards city “whatever” from city “whatsit”, you can’t later say that when they had decided to head toward city “whatever” they turned West from city “Whatsit”. Know the land and having something to refer to that stays MOSTLY the same, is but one of the advantages of having a rough idea of the landscape some people may like to figure out some of these things while writing and just do the minimum basics at the start. That’s fine too, but this world at the end will be a land that is amazing and unrestricting because it came from a place where the sky isn’t the limit because there is no limit. This world came you’re your mind.



© 2017 Matthew Ian Herrawood W


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on February 20, 2017
Last Updated on February 20, 2017


Author

Matthew Ian Herrawood W
Matthew Ian Herrawood W

A Town, South Australia, Australia



About
A Introduction to my Realm Trilogy About the Author Matthew W is 24 years old (November 1 2016) and lives in South Australia. He has been writing and reading for a long time. Because he was su.. more..

Writing