Lesson 4-When to Use Magic

Lesson 4-When to Use Magic

A Chapter by Matthew Ian Herrawood W

Lesson 4

When to Use Magic

Most people think writing a fantasy story is the easiest choice when writing a story just throwing magic around-they did this and then made dinner with magic noticed that person was asleep and using magic covered them with a rug-not very good and simply too easy. magic makes things happen usually significant even if its something small like moving an object a meter the outcome is significant. the best time to use magic also depends on who is using the magic. for example, a character that is creating problems for the main character can use magic quite a bit especially if that character is evil but you should keep some powers you want them to have in reserve for the final confrontation. the main character/characters however should be restricted in their use. important things may happen mostly when they use magic s that is fine but make sure if there is something they can do without magic then it is done without magic have magic as a last resort of the main character or something but make sure they don’t always use it.

 

Magic can be great for solving problems you have you can use magic to explain something or achieve something. but if there is another way for it to happen something that could really happen and your just too lazy to find out stop writing and wait until you’re not too lazy (this comes under the "realistic fantasy" heading and will be more covered in more detail later). magic does extraordinary things that can’t happen in real life keep it that way.



© 2017 Matthew Ian Herrawood W


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
Added on February 23, 2017
Last Updated on February 23, 2017


Author

Matthew Ian Herrawood W
Matthew Ian Herrawood W

A Town, South Australia, Australia



About
A Introduction to my Realm Trilogy About the Author Matthew W is 24 years old (November 1 2016) and lives in South Australia. He has been writing and reading for a long time. Because he was su.. more..

Writing