Chapter 3 Trapped

Chapter 3 Trapped

A Chapter by Matthew Ian Herrawood W
"

hopefully the last small chapter. I'm not sure that this chapter is finished yet i may add more but for now at least its finished.

"

CHAPTER 3

Trapped

I came out in a forest clearing. Corpses littered the ground but there was no blood. But only one thing caught my full attention.

“Amy!” she was over the other side of the clearing lying on her back... she wasn’t moving. I ran forward stumbling on a body every now and then. I got 2 meters away and then there was a crack of thunder, lightning streaked down from the sky striking me in the chest. It felt like there were thousands of super heated knives stuck in that one point of my chest. The lighting moved in a square on my chest before it stopped I fell face first on the ground too sore to put my hands out in front of me. I lay there for a moment before raising my head I couldn’t feel my legs and new I wouldn’t be able to stand so I just pulled myself closer to Amy. She stayed completely still. After a while I was starting to feel my legs again and managed to get to a kneeling position before shaking Amy.

“Amy... Amy wake up” I shook her roughly now “Wake up!” I kept shaking her and calling her name. After a time my eyes got watery. No tears fell just like no birds sang in the branches above my head, the only sound was my quiet sobbing.

 

When I first opened my eyes I didn’t understand what I saw there was a girl lying in front of me and a girl lying beside me on my right. To my left there were 2 guys also lying. I was lying on grass and there were trees over head and it was obvious I was in a forest but no sounds no birds no animals could be heard. My cloths felt heavier and upon inspection I realised with shock why. I was now wearing a belt which had a sword sheath attached but the sheath wasn’t empty it held a sword which when pulled out I discovered it was a hand and a half sword able to be wielded with either 1 or 2 hands I put it away and reached for the strap that was across my chest that I thought might be holding the extra weight on my back in place. It was a quiver full of arrows I counted 30. I also found a bow strung across my back then however I found something else. A square pendant hung on my neck it was fairly small and looked like it was made of wood the markings on it were strange I reached for it to pick it up and turn it around for a better look but as I touched it there was a bright flash and immediately everything came flooding back Amy was the Girl lying in front of me she was also my girlfriend but wasn’t moving. Emily was lying on my right she was a friend of me and Amy and behaved like Amy’s older sister. Ryan was lying on my left and was one of my best friends who I have known since I was 3 which is longer than the other 3. Daniel was lying next to Ryan and is also a friend he would take any chance he could get to chat up a girl he was the tallest of the group and a very fast runner. I also remembered that we all were no longer on earth, we were no longer in that world and I knew I wasn’t dreaming because of the pain I felt in my chest were I had been struck by lightning earlier that reminded me of the pendent the square the lighting had traced on my chest was the same size. I i ran my fingers over the pendent as the blinding light faded in my eyes once gone I picked it up and turned it around to see the markings. The symbols were still strange and not written in English but I could somehow now understand what it said.

“Fighting” I mumbled it was all it said ‘fighting’ didn’t tell me much I looked to the larger symbol I still couldn’t understand it was red and black the middle was a black circle the rest looked like a curved nail that was red. The nail head would be closest to the black circle and the point would curve. The bottom ‘nail’ curved to point to the left, the ‘nail’ on the left curved to point up, the ‘nail at the top curved to point right, and the last one on the right curved to point down. I looked at the others they were all similarly equipped though the girls only had short swords I noticed we all had a pendent though they were all different they all had a larger Symbol that had the red ‘nails and a black circle. Amy’s said stealth Emily’s said strength Ryan’s said weapons and Daniels said Brain. Then Amy stirred I had stood up to observe everything but now I fell to my knees and held gently onto each of Amy’s upper arm as she started to sit up.

“are you ok Amy?” I asked her she looked at me then started to struggle trying to get away I let go of her arms and she scrambled back then stood.

“Who are you?” I stood there stunned at her question for a few seconds then a possibility came to me. I had no idea who any of the other’s were until I touched my pendant

“Amy look at yourself your wearing things that you weren’t wearing before like a sword a crossbow with a hip quiver full of bolts and a pendent! Look at the pendant” I said. This made her glance at everything.

“Tell me who you are!”

“Ok” I said “but first touch your pendant” I watched intently as she did so then suddenly her fear left and was replaced with realization which turned to horror at not remembering me.

“Matt!” I smiled and stepped forward and was almost knocked over as she flung herself into my arms. I couldn’t help but smile as I wrapped my arm’s a little more tightly around her.

“I’m sorry”

“Don’t be” I told her “When I first woke I didn’t know who any of you were until I touched my pendent either”

“I figured that! I figured that’s why you told me”

“What are you sorry for then?” I asked now confused

“For you having to come here”

“Its fine we can go back now”

“That’s why I’m sorry Matt... the door just closed” I spun to see an empty door way no  colours shone within the door frame it was simply now just a door frame and door.



© 2017 Matthew Ian Herrawood W


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Since everybody has mentioned it, including me, I will stop beginning each review with some version of "grammar needs some work." ;) Let's just take for granted that a few more revisions of grammar and polish would help the story, but for review purposes - I'll just focus on the story.

I like alternate world stories where the protagonists end up in a strange place with strange powers and a mysterious destiny. You've got each of those set up, now - and you are ending each chapter with a little mini-cliffhanger and that helps keep interest in getting to the next chapter NOW instead of later. Anytime people have the thought to come back later you run the risk of losing them as a reader, so NOW is better! ;)

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Since everybody has mentioned it, including me, I will stop beginning each review with some version of "grammar needs some work." ;) Let's just take for granted that a few more revisions of grammar and polish would help the story, but for review purposes - I'll just focus on the story.

I like alternate world stories where the protagonists end up in a strange place with strange powers and a mysterious destiny. You've got each of those set up, now - and you are ending each chapter with a little mini-cliffhanger and that helps keep interest in getting to the next chapter NOW instead of later. Anytime people have the thought to come back later you run the risk of losing them as a reader, so NOW is better! ;)

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I like what you have so far; you've set up the story quite well. I'm quite curious to see where you take the plot...keep up the good work!

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is an awesome concept and the story has potential. There are several grammatical errors that need to be fleshed out and I would suggest reading some other the sentences aloud. Some may be need to be revised and some words can be added or omitted. Like I said in the last review, give this a little polish and it will be a nice read indeed.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

well this explanes alot realy like how we got the pendents ect.
um when are the others going to wake up?

oh and well done you remembered the capital M yay yay yay

um when i say i figerd... this bit dosent make 100% sence to me it dose but i'm realy used to reading youre writing so you may want to look at that bit
also "for having to have.. this dosent make sence eather

Posted 14 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

402 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 18, 2010
Last Updated on February 27, 2017


Author

Matthew Ian Herrawood W
Matthew Ian Herrawood W

A Town, South Australia, Australia



About
A Introduction to my Realm Trilogy About the Author Matthew W is 24 years old (November 1 2016) and lives in South Australia. He has been writing and reading for a long time. Because he was su.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..