Prologue-Life tracker

Prologue-Life tracker

A Chapter by Matthew Ian Herrawood W
"

A little explination.

"

Prologue

So what can I do today? It’s a question we all ask ourselves. Something you take for granted as a simple question that just might not turn out how you want. You don’t know exactly what’s going to happen until it happens. Well for me it’s not that simple. Imagine being able to choose what happened in your day and not a single thing could change it unless you chose to change it. Well that’s what I do. I can see 24 hours into my future because I’m a life tracker. Life trackers can choose what track in life they travel down. What road there life travels down. I see the different options I have and what will happen from that point in time and the next 24 hours for every choice In less than a second and in a full second I see were in the next 24 hours I will have a choice to make that could change the track I’m on. It has its advantages sure, but when it comes to other life trackers we are blind which is why when the government wants you dead they find you quietly with normal people like you, then send out other life trackers. Because we can’t see other trackers. At the moment... the government really wants me dead.



© 2010 Matthew Ian Herrawood W


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

There are some grammar mistakes, and I think that this could be broken up into at least two paragraphs. Also, there's a contradiction. If life trackers can't see life trackers, then how could they find the main character? All in all, could turn out to be a very interesting story. Good luck! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A very interesting prologue.

I can see the inspiration from Jumper here. I suggest reading the book because it's really good.

As for this prologue it's intriguing. There are stories about people who can see the future and those tend to be okay. This, if you worked it right, could be both original and very good. I like the idea of the Life Trackers. It's also a novel name for them.

There are some things you could do to make this prologue better. it's already interesting.

1.) I suggest separating the first line from the rest of the narration. That will give much needed emphasis to the simple question the speaker is exploring.

2.) Don't repeat the word question so much. A thesaurus is one of an author's greatest tools. Try something else like "inquiry" or even "thought".

3.) At the word "imagine" I suggest making that the start of a new paragraph. The narrator is going into the next part of his explanation, which is a completely different thought than what came before.

4.) Drop "change it" at the end of that sentence. It's a bit too repetitive.

5.) In writing, it's not a good idea to use the numerical expression of a number. Write out the word twenty-four.

6.) I would capitalize Life Tracker is it is a proper noun in the context of the story.

7.) Make another paragraph when he says Life Tracker for the second time. It' the start of a new idea, a new description.

8.) "I see the different options I have and what will happen from that point in time and the next 24 hours for every choice In less than a second and in a full second I see were in the next 24 hours I will have a choice to make that could change the track I’m on."

The above is a run on sentence. You need to break it up into smaller lines by using periods and commas.

9.) When he says that it has its advantages you should break into a new paragraph. Again because it's a new thought. I would also separate the part in it about being blind to other Life Trackers from the part about the government. It's another run on so it's kind of necessary.

10.) "Because we can’t see other trackers." This isn't really needed because you've already told the reader that a Life Tracker cannot see how other Life Trackers impact their lives. You might also be in need of some clarification of that fact. I got it, but a few other reviewers didn't seem to.

11.) Lastly, I would make the last sentence separate from everything else because it really throws the whole plot into perspective. It needs emphasis because it is the main hook of the story. Also, maybe switch the ellipses around and place them at the end of that sentence so it trails off.

That's the end of my review. In closing I would like to say that this story has potential. If you worked at it this could be something really good. In regards to everything I pointed out, they are merely suggestions. You have every right to ignore what I say.

Good luck with this.

-Caradoc

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, this sound pretty cool. I advise you the revise this a little. There are some mistake, but nothing good re read could fix. I like the plot and can't wait to see which direction you will take this.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Hm, this is a cool concept. I really like it. There were the teensy tiny spelling mistakes and what not, but it wasn't anything major. In general, I found this really interesting :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow, this sounds really cool and definately something that I would pick up at a Books-A-Million and buy. MORE CHAPTERS! You have some grammer, but who doesn't? Anyway, nice job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The idea sounds very interesting, you managed to catch my attention even though it is short :)
There are a couple of grammar mistakes, but apart from that I thinks it reads very well.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Over all this is very interesting

Posted 13 Years Ago


It's very interesting and the concept is very intriguing. I'm looking forward to seeing what you have to put out next.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the concept of the Life Tracker; it must be quite a burden to see that much. One thing that jumped out at me, though, when you say "In less than a second and in a full second". Other than that, and some other minor grammar issues, a solid prologue. Certainly caught my interest!

Posted 13 Years Ago


i liked the lenght..rest has been said by others.keep up.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Not bad. I agree with Perseponia. A little short, but prologues have been known to as little as a sentence. Keep up the hard work and polish this out a bit.

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

737 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 5, 2010
Last Updated on September 22, 2010


Author

Matthew Ian Herrawood W
Matthew Ian Herrawood W

A Town, South Australia, Australia



About
A Introduction to my Realm Trilogy About the Author Matthew W is 24 years old (November 1 2016) and lives in South Australia. He has been writing and reading for a long time. Because he was su.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Music The Music

A Poem by A.Lee