On The Town

On The Town

A Story by Mey
"

Just a thought that I had

"

 

Had she been a younger girl she would have been taken in by this charming young man. Had she been a younger girl she would have laughed at his silly banter in the restaurant that was, if not upscale, at lest one of the better in town. Had she been a younger girl she would have waited outside with bated breath as he went inside lit candles, set slow music gently playing on the stereo, and set powerful smelling incense burning. Had she been a younger girl she would have taken the glass of cheap wine and enjoyed it to its fullest, then spent the night with this charming young man. Had she been a younger girl she would have woken up the next morning and hated her self.
But she wasn’t.
Had she been a younger girl she wouldn’t have noticed that all his witty banter had been said before by men who said it with much more grace than he could hope to pull off. Had she been a younger woman she wouldn’t have notice that when they left the restaurant that he had skipped on the bill, not even leaving a tip for the poor waitress. She left a few ones under her plate for the poor girl. Had she been a younger girl, she wouldn’t have noticed the smell of old drugs and stale sex that he tried to cover up with incense. Had she been a younger girl she wouldn’t have noticed the faint bubbling at the bottom of her glass of wine, or how he kept refilling it even when it wasn’t full, while he drank nothing himself.
But she wasn’t.
So she stayed the night with this young man anyways and woke up in the morning hating herself.

© 2009 Mey


Author's Note

Mey
I respectfully ask is that you don�t critique my work or my grammar, but I welcome comments with open arms.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like it, i think eveyrthing held together.
Very well written

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 9, 2009
Last Updated on August 23, 2009

Author

Mey
Mey

Home



About
I like to think of myself as a dark and talented individual. I like to think that what I write matters to someone. I like to think that by writing that someone, somewhere, will enjoy what I’ve w.. more..

Writing
Again Again

A Poem by Mey


Turbulence Turbulence

A Poem by Mey